Congratulations Ms/Miss/Mrs Doe it's a boy. Now lets have a discussion

This scenario is right up there with gay marriage leading to people marrying their dogs in things to be worried about.

Sounds like the right thing to do Morally and Ethically.

Owe yeah, it also sounds like what any good mother would
do for her child!

We both agree that she needs help for her depression either way.
Pregnant or not, if anyone in the World is threatening to kill themselves,
they need to be in the psychiatric ward.

This is what would make logical sense.

Institutionalize a woman who doesn’t want to be pregnant. Got it.

You honestly think anyone who is battling depression and has suicidal thoughts should be committed?

Wow.

You’re right. Suicide and pregnancy never happen.

For the study, Canadian researchers tracked women in Ontario from 1994 to 2008. They found that 5 percent of deaths during pregnancy or the first year after pregnancy were due to suicide.

Deaths during and shortly after pregnancy have risen in the United States since 2000, according to a study published August 2016 in Obstetrics & Gynecology . It estimated nearly 24 women died during pregnancy or within 42 days after for every 100,000 live births in the United States in 2014.

She and her colleagues found that 51 (5.3 percent) of nearly 1,000 women [maternal desths in Illinois from 2002-2011] had killed themselves during pregnancy or in the year after birth. During pregnancy itself, she said, about 4 percent of 453 deaths were due to suicide.

Read the OP if you are confused about the scenario.

Sorry. I adressed that last reply to you. Thought you referring to something else.

She’s mentally ill. She does not know what she wants or does not want. So to say she doesn’t want to be pregnant is not honest.
How do you know that after the abortion she is not going be so depressed that she is no longer pregnant and does commit suicide because she can not live with knowing what happened.
And no one is saying she should be committed if her doctor can control her depression with medication. But if she has tried to commit suicide or threatened to commit suicide she needs to be hospitalized until her depression is under control.
If we hospitalized a lot of the young men that have caused school shootings in the past when they first started showing signs that they were a danger to themselves and others a lot of school shootings would have never happened.
You all seem to think that it is the baby that is causing her depression and that is not true. Most women with prenatal depression had bouts of depression before becoming pregnant.
Glad you used a study. This study says nothing about the baby causing the depression. What the study shows is that doctors and family need to take thoughts of suicide seriously. There is such a stigma about being mentally ill that families ignore the warning signs. And I say that mental illness is just like any illness and people should be able to talk about their illness and they should be able to get the treatment they need without being ashamed.
I have known women with prenatal depression and postnatal depression and they have all come to except their illness and are more than willing to tell you about their illness. They will also tell you that they loved their children before they were born and after they were born. And that their depression had nothing to do with the child.

Depressed, suicidal individuals cannot be trusted when asked to articulate the cause of their depression. Got it.

I don’t. I only know that she is currently depressed and suicidal. What is reality now is more important than what might happen in the future.

What better way to make people feel comfortable about discussing mental illness and removing stigmata then forcibly hospitalizing them? I’m sure a pregnant woman would feel much better discussing her feelings if the thought of non-voluntary institutionalization was a reality.

People are depressed for many reasons. People become suicidal for many reasons. If a woman says she is depressed and suicidal as a result of her pregnancy, I have no right to question or trivialize what she is saying. That is the opposite of taking mental health issues seriously.

No from what I gather there are people who will justify anything if it’s their party pushing for it.
All late term abortions should never happen. These are babies that can be delivered now and live. So, to try and justify this act is just wrong.
Now that she has had an abortion what is your excuse for the mother having depression. Is it alright now for her to commit suicide because she no longer has a baby to blame it on.
Everyone from her doctor to her family should question her. If she is this much of a threat to herself she needs more help than an abortion. But according to you abortion is just going to fix her mental illness right.
Heck according to your logic if an alcoholic quits drinking he’s no longer an alcoholic. I can tell you that until he deals with what ever was the reason for his drinking he will never stay sober.

There’s the bottom line. Why even argue? No justification for late term abortion ever. It’s not simply a disagreement with mental health issues and late term abortion, it’s a disagreement with all late term abortion.

I never said having an abortion would “fix” her. She likely will need additional therapy and treatment. If someone says they are depressed and suicidal because of reason “x” the first step is to get rid of reason “x.” The argument that they may continue to be depressed or suicidal after getting rid of reason “x” is a silly rationale not to get rid of it. Pregnancy is not an exception.

That’s not my logic at all. If a person says they are depressed and suicidal because of a specific thing, it makes sense to get rid of that thing and undergo treatment. It seems your logic would be for the alcoholic to continue to drink while addressing the reason for their alcoholism.

Most alcoholic’s continue to drink until they address the reason for their alcoholism. They get suicidal. But taking alcohol away from them does not address the reason why they drink or the reason why they are suicidal. And some of them drink because they self medicate a mental illness. So, for them to quit drinking they have to address the elephant in the room.From knowing and working will a lot of alcoholics I know that a lot of them suffer from depression. And taking the alcohol away does not solve their problem. They still have a mental illness that needs to be treated.
The same goes for a pregnant woman making the baby disappear does not solve her problem and is not the solution. She needs treatment for her depression. She needs to address the elephant in the room. And if you insist on her not being pregnant inducing labor and giving birth would be the solution that saves the lives of everyone involved. This is not a child that is going to die soon after birth, this is not a child that is going to die before birth, This is a child that can survive outside of the womb.

Suicide rate for women post-abortion is about 3x the rate of women post-delivery.

This is just ghastly.

So are you seriously saying that a person will be more likely to commit suicide if they let a baby be born, rather than kill the 3rd trimester baby, or as Northam called ‘infant.’ That would be better for the person? No psychological problems there?

Finland study;

One study, STAKES, the statistical analysis unit of Finland’s National Research and Development Center for Welfare and Health, pulled the death certificate records for all the women of reproductive age who died between 1987 and 1994. They then searched the national health care data base to identify pregnancy-related events for each of these women in the 12 months prior to their deaths. They found that after abortion, women were found to be seven times more likely to die by their own hand than were women who gave birth. Birth seemed to offer a protective period, since this was the only pregnancy outcome that showed a lower suicide risk than the general population in the year following the end of pregnancy.

In terms of suicide rates per 100,000 women, there is a general rate of suicide for women of childbearing years of 11.3 per 100,000. Among women who have had an abortion the suicide rate is 34.7 per 100,000. Women in that age group who have given birth have a suicide rate of 5.9 per 100,000.

Also, btw, men/boy love abortions because women/girls get to used for sex and they take no responsibility. I know my sister in law was paid/cajoled to have an abortion. My wife tells me that she would wake up in the middle of the night, and she would say ‘I shouldn’t have killed my baby.’ Maybe she should have known it was better for her mental condition that she did that. Men use women for sex, pay them to get rid of that ‘thing’ and call him/her ‘choice’. Abortion is very convenient for men/boys, they get sex with no responsibility.

A cosponsor of this bill with Tran withdrew support from this horrible bill.

If anyone has suicidal thoughts about killing themselves yes, for others safety,
but mainly for their own, they should be committed, so they don’t
act upon those thoughts.

Legally, they can check themselves out if they sign themselves in after 5 business
days. And even if they don’t check themselves in, they can only be forced to stay I think up to about a month. The only way the would be forced to stay longer
is if they were a rare case and the law got involved because they were actually trying to hurt themselves, and were considered mentally insane and a danger to themselves majorly, or a danger to others majorly.

I think that they should be committed also, because I’d much rather the person be safe, and go in, than having them commit suicide, and die. It’s the right thing to do.

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

If the baby is actually coming out of the birth canal, and about to actually be
born, can it still be Aborted?

I ask because I honestly don’t know the answer, and I think that a lot of people
don’t understand how far the Liberal Politicians are going either.

No and would never be done in such a manner. No one has ever suggested that be the proper method.

The Democrat Politicians keep pushing the boundaries of Abortion.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they allowed it one day. Sooner than later.