Conceal and carry situation quiz

Another false premise.

Very few people with a permit carry on a daily basis, somewhere between 10-20%.

Guess I’m in that 10-20%… I carry everywhere except my office and only because I like my job and they have a 30.06 sign up. :smiley:

I’d suspect it would be higher than that if people were honest. My wife carries in her purse always and she’d be the last one I’d expect to carry if I only knew her a little.

We’re not talking about the McMichaels here…

What do you mean by “they have a 30.06 sign up”?

30.06 meaning no conceal carry on the premises.

LOL That’s not what 30.06 means to me. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Yup! Used to mean something completely different to me too. I wonder if it was intentional.

It doesn’t irritate me. I tell him who I am, show him my company ID, why I’m there and what I’m doing. He continues to press? I tell him to call my last customer, Mr Smith at 101 Mockingbird Ln or show my shipping manifest with that address to confirm. I understand the concern, but I’m a professional and will allow him to do his job as neighborhood watch. If the authorities need to get involved, I will await their arrival to clear up any misconceptions. I’ll also call my employer to advise them of the delay.

Most likely, those kind of coincidences are rare, very rare in fact.

Same here but then it’s part of my profession.

NRA, USCCA, and several other advocacy groups have done extensive polling on the subject and those who carry constantly are a very small minority.

As for your work situation that comes up in classes, seminars, online discussions pretty frequently. As a rule the advice is “concealed means concealed”. If you are at any sort of elevated risk at work the worst they could do is fire you and have you trespassed off the property unless it’s a school, hospital, PO etc.

That would be the appropriate, adult way to handle it. We can’t be doing that these days.

That’s because you are not a liberal with a chip on your shoulder. :wink:

2 Likes

If I enter into this area and I stand out like a sore thumb…why am I there? There must be some business whether personal or professional that took me there. I don’t just…go there. What ever business took me there is my response. It will make perfect sense…if…they have sense? In your scenario…does this work or am I now going to be threatened?

I’ve carried by accident but two things. #1. I respect private property enough to abide by their rules and we have security guards at the front, though admittedly I doubt they would be effective against a shooter. #2. The risk in our office I think is very low.

I guess it’s not worth my job in my head to not carry, though some there actually do carry. I’d guess most cars have a gun in that parking lot. :smiley:

Did you jumble this up with this instance where the two guys who posted a confrontation with a customer on social media?

The person in scenario 1 shouldn’t be carrying a firearm regardless of their ability to pass a background check.

1 Like

But given the real world track record of concealed carry permitees, scenario #1 is extremely unlikely. It is a unrealistic hypothetical presented in an attempt to make a biased political point.

It’s not “concealed and carry”.

??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: