Comey 'Deviated' From Procedure in Clinton Probe, But Was Not Politically Biased, IG Says

Margarets lament, one I share.

With Republicans, you don’t even argue or discuss politics anymore. You have to argue about reality.

5 Likes

So we all know that Trump lies, a lot. The common defense I’ve seen is that he doesn’t lie about anything “important” enough to worry about, e.g. crowd size.

The problem I see with this defense is that there is a cumulative effect of lots of little lies, that it becomes normal. Once it’s normal people assume everyone lies all the time, just like Trump. If that’s true, then you get to believe whatever you want. Any evidence to the contrary is probably a lie just like everything else.

1 Like

What makes you think Trump supporters don’t like it?

Do you like it?

That began well before Trump descended the Stainless Steel Escalator in 2015.

IMO it was about 2005 that I saw the wheels of political reality begin to wobble out of control.

Glad you could finally join the party.

You are correct, Republicans have been devolving into the Their Own Private Idaho for a long time now. They reject reality so much they’ve created their own, with their own media empire, entertainments, and “facts”. They are like hothouse flowers though that don’t do very well in the real world.

You just have to pick a team…

It is all the DC elite. They really need to spend more time in their home districts.

Please STOP trying to make the case that Clinton was innocent. In this case, your opinion is no more useful than my opinion is to you. What I’m telling you is that I’ve heard SEVERAL former prosecutors - many of them federal prosecutors - who agree with what Gowdy said and with the idea that she was prosecutable.

It’s just a matter of who gets to decide - not IF.

M

Joe DiGenova is a NUT and nobody takes him seriously.

Remember when him and his crazy wife had some secret FBI informant that was going to blow everything open?

Remember that?

What happened?

Not a damned thing!

Why?

Because you are being gaslighted by a group of right-wing scandal mongerers.

■■■■■ you should exhibit some shame, but Trumpists are truly irredeemable deplorables.

Who should decide if not for the prosecutors from the counterintelligence and national security divisions of the DoJ?

You know, the exact people who normally prosecute these matters.

The people you cite, have they examined the entire case history and legislative history of these laws? Have they ever prosecuted or investigated any of these matters? In the case of Gowdy, we know the answer is no.

This is the problem with appeal to authority. It shuts down discussion. I am interested in your opinion, but you don’t really have one.

1 Like

Of course I have an opinion and it is in line with the people I cite. THAT’S WHY I CITE THEM. They CONFIRM my opinions on the matters.

But AGAIN, you miss the point. Telling me that the lawyers at the DOJ are right and all the former prosecutors are wrong is in essence doing what you accuse ME of doing. It’s an appeal to authority just as well.

MY POINT is that opinions at even the HIGHEST level of expertise are differing on this subject, so don’t tell me that the DOJ lawyers are right, just because they happen to be the DOJ lawyers at this moment. OTHER DOJ lawyers tell them they are wrong.

M

IG’s are permanent hirees.

They’ve been providing the documentation to congress for months.

https://gingersnewsroom.com/2018/03/31/watch-trumps-lawyer-joe-digenova-exposes-the-fbi-nsa-cia-dojs-plot-to-frame-trump-cover-hillary/

If you have an opinion, why can’t you defend it without resorting to an appeal to authority?

I believe the lawyers at the DoJ are right and I can express exactly why I believe it to be so. I can defend my opinion on the matter without having to refer to their expertise. I only bring them up to demonstrate how these arguments go when the foundation is based solely on an appeal to authority.

What other DoJ lawyers tell you they are wrong?

1 Like

You just made your own appeal to authority citing the DOJ lawyers.

Would you like me to expose your bias? Who committed FEC violations? If you didnt say the clinton campaign and perkins coie with 12 million cash and evidence of election tampering and instead want to claim trump/cohen paying 130 grand to some bimbo trump nailed a decade ago you are clearly biased

I love your Irony.

or, you’re wrong about everything.

Tell your friends

1 Like

:rofl:

Poor @Attreyu getting his hat handed to him like this.

Some new information is coming out.

1 Like

I saw this earlier. If he did something wrong, then I hope they nail him. No one is above the law.

But it is questionable why they are now looking into this. Time will tell as to why.