Comey 'Deviated' From Procedure in Clinton Probe, But Was Not Politically Biased, IG Says

A lot of it is from my years in radio news. You learn a hell of a lot sitting in the courtroom following a case from begging to end. Sometimes you sit there and scratch your head over what one of the attorney’s is doing, then 3 or 4 days later you get the “ah-ha” moment when they spring something on the defence or prosecution.

I know you like to jokingly make it seem like you’re a glutton for punishment in this regard, but I bet there was some pretty fascinating things you got to witness, that most people will never experience. Even if in a mundane fashion during the doldrums of the court system.

Well it’s been two days and Strzok is still there.

What does that tell you about FBI?

Nebraska is so reasonable that he’s hard to argue with.

1 Like

It’s a gift to lull you into a sense of calm and ease, before I pounce and bring you over to the dark-side. Small government. Fiscal sanity. Stop spending money we don’t have. Chant it with me boys.

Show us where you’ve shown any love towards obama instead of vile hatred!
See how this works…

I once again yearn for the day where policy goals can be hashed out instead of having to argue about opposing realities.

1 Like

Or… an easier explanation is that Manafort is a huge piece of ■■■■ and has been doing crimes most of his life.

NO COLLUSION. Isn’t that what Idiot Boy is touting? If he had any smarts, he would have known the IG report wasn’t about him.

This thread is a microcosm of the sad state that our country is in. It’s really a shame.

Errr the reports does not SAY there were no grounds for prosecution. That is NOT for the IG to decide and he doesn’t try to.

The report said that they could justify their decision based on some previous cases. The report DOES NOT SAY that OTHER prosecutors could not ALSO prove that she should have been prosecuted based on OTHER previous cases. There have been many former state and federal attorneys general who have said she could and should have been prosecuted.

They just weren’t the pro-Hillary-biased top echelon of the FBI at that time.

To say that the IG report is the last word on Clinton’s criminality is stupid. It doesn’t even ATTEMPT to say that. It only attempts to show that the FBI guys could point to a reason that they did what they did.

M

The IG’s report does not say there was no bias in the FBI, as much of the press is incorrectly reporting.

In fact it shows that there was a HUGE amount of bias evident at the FBI, as USA Today details.

What the IG’s report says is that they could not find any documentary proof that the players acted based on their biases, as in an e-mail from one that says, “We need to do THIS or THAT in order to help Hillary and hurt Trump:”

He is literally saying he cannot find a document or an order to do something illegal or unethical based on their biases. I’d be very surprised if he could. Most of them are not that stupid, to commit such a thing to a document.

But the IG DOES say that their obvious and incredible amount of bias casts a taint on everything they did:

“There were clearly tensions and disagreements in a number of important areas between Midyear agents and prosecutors. However, we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that improper considerations, including political bias, directly affected the specific investigative decisions…,” the report read. “Nonetheless, these messages cast a cloud over the FBI’s handling of the Midyear investigation and the investigation’s credibility.”

According to the left, we are supposed to believe that the virulent and unrelenting attacks on Trump and defense of Hillary had NO EFFECT on their work and what they did, because they are not humans, after all. They just WRITE to each other like they are.

But the IG clearly states in the report that while he cannot DOCUMENT the affect of their biases, they were clearly evident to all.

It is THE PRESS that is saying the IG said there was no bias. That is a LIE.

M

It doesn’t mention “other cases” that would have justified prosecution because those other cases don’t exist.

If you have evidence to the contrary please provide it. Name one other case that would have justified prosecution.

More than saying there was no evidence anything was done unethically or illegally. Nothing was done, in favor of Clinton at least, out of protocol or without sufficient and rationale.

The IG report does not say that the effects of bias were clearly evident to all. That is a lie.

No. It doesn’t mention them because all the IG needed to do is show that the FBI guys could justify their decision. The IG is NOT tasked with verifying that Clinton was not prosecutable and he isn’t at all interested in trying to do that, so he isn’t going to tell you anything more than what he has to, which is essentially:

“This is why THESE guys did what they did.”

I’m not a lawyer. Several former federal and state prosecutors HAVE gone on record saying that they could have and should have prosecuted her. You need to convince them they are wrong - not me

M

NONSENSE!

The Clinton case was decided in her favor BEFORE they even really got cranked up. First of all, it was given to higher echelon FBI people to investigate when the normal course is for field agents to do that, for the very reason that they are LESS political in their work. Exoneration letters were pre-written before most of the witnesses were interviewed. People were given blanket immunity. There were no witnesses called before a grand jury. Witnesses were allowed to sit in with other witnesses while they were interviewed. Witnesses were caught in outright LIES but were not prosecuted. Witnesses changed their stories or “forgot” important information and were not pressured by prosecutors. NEW information was discovered and not acted on for WEEKS, because it was discovered close to election day.

Tell me AGAIN how nothing different or preferential was done for Clinton. I need a great laugh.

“There were clearly tensions and disagreements in a number of important areas between Midyear agents and prosecutors. However, we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that improper considerations, including political bias, directly affected the specific investigative decisions…,” the report read. “Nonetheless, these messages cast a cloud over the FBI’s handling of the Midyear investigation and the investigation’s credibility.”

Of course it does.

M

They’re not here making their argument. You are.

Appeal to authority rejected.

Put up or shut up.

Yeah, you are pretty much making it up as you go along.

Pretend to tell me what the “normal course” for an investigation is when you’re investigating a major party political candidate. Show me in the IG report where they criticize Comey for staffing the case with the top tier of the FBI.

Nonsense.

I’m referring you to experts who can and have made that argument.

I DO NOT claim to know case law.

Here is ONE of many - Trey Gowdy schooling James Comey on Hillary Clinton’s intent that Comey could not find.

M

How many cases concerning this statue has Gowdy investigated or prosecuted?