Comey 'Deviated' From Procedure in Clinton Probe, But Was Not Politically Biased, IG Says

That’s the part that stumps me. There’s no question that reopening the investigation into Hillary’s emails within days of the election provided a boost to Trump - a boost that may very well have set the election in his favor. You would think they would see that as a gift horse.

1 Like

Yeah, he really was put in an impossible situation.

From the beginning I suspect he thought Clinton was going to win, so wanted the investigation to be more public so people didn’t find out after the election and accuse the FBI of a cover-up.

In the end it backfired but I can easily understand the rationale, even if it wasn’t following procedure.

And why did Comey opt to send the letter informing Congress that they were reopening the investigation? Concern that Rudy and Hannity’s friends in the in the NY FBI office might leak it the details.

Another contemporaneous example of Republican Scandal Mongering.

-Something happens

-Decide its a scandal, work backwards to prove scandal

-Face plant, yet again

-Resume next installment of Republican Scandal Mongering

I wonder what the next face plant for Republican Scandal Mongerers will be?

1 Like

You as well.

Nunes is angling for Rosensteins head again isn’t he?

Either way would have had the same outcome - to help Trump in the election. Comey had to have known that - thus I can’t see a political motivation in selecting one of those options over another.

But, then again, I’m not really looking for conspiracy theories.

Crap! Now Comey is part of the deep state.

It’s personal bias and a personal communication. Horowitz found no evidence to suggest it led to professional bias though. I’ve said all along I would accept his findings. All accounts of him are that he is a top notch investigator with a reputation of great integrity.

Just as I accepted his report and recommendation for charging McCabe. I accept his conclusions here as well. It’s the only way to be consistent in my opinion.

A white wash. Judicial Watch predicted it would be, based upon past history. I forget the Attorney’s name, but I recall his prediction over 6 months ago, “it will be a whitewash. The IG is where you send cases you want to bury.”

Strzok’s reply to his paramour wasn’t redacted, it was deleted proving they wanted to cover up a treasonous conspiracy against Trump. His girl friend asked “Trump can’t win, can he?” Strzok replied “We’ll take care of it.”

That’s not only political, its an FBI treasonous conspiracy against the President of the US.

They all deserve full prosecution, including Hillary.

1 Like

McCabe says what?

2 Likes

Oh, I totally agree that the revelation that the FBI was reviewing more emails related to Clinton harmed her chances and helped Trump.

I suppose I take Comey at his word that he felt making the announcement was a way of protected the FBI, rather than allowing leakers in the NY field office to send that info out to Fox and others.

As I understand it, Jared and Ivanka were pushing him to fire Comey and everyone else was against it-even Bannon-they had Sessions and Rosenstein write working drafts of reasons to can him but nothing had been produced when Trump blindsided everyone and fired him. The letters were used as ex post facto justification. Then he went on TV and said he did it because of Russia.

Ahh ok thank you for clarifying that.
So yes it is Bias but didn’t “impact” their work in anyway.

Lol the Inspector General on the federal level is literally their internal affairs unit.

There seems to be a lack f critical thinking by many Trump haters and Trump fans.

The big deal to me is why was that text withheld from Congress,? It’s a problem Rosenstein needs to explain.

Plus it seems comey himself wasusing personal email accounts as well?

1 Like

Why are you so fixated on that text? It has been released.

Yep, means the decisions they made during the investigation all made sense and weren’t out of line with standard procedure.

Whereas Comey acted out of procedure in a way that harmed Clinton, not for partisan political reasons but to protect the reputation of the FBI from accusations of a cover-up intended to help her candidacy.

We know how that ended for him.

And we seen how internal affairs in police departments handle “some” of there cases haven’t we?

Here’s Comey’s opinion piece from the New York Times:

Interesting read. That got written fast but he probably had an inkling of what it would say.