Comey and McCabe taxes

…were selected for an extremely rare and invasive audit - odds of being selected (it’s supposed to be random) - 1 in 30,000

Among tax lawyers, the most invasive type of random audit carried out by the I.R.S. is known, only partly jokingly, as “an autopsy without the benefit of death.”

The odds of being selected for that audit in any given year are tiny — out of nearly 153 million individual returns filed for 2017, for example, the I.R.S. targeted about 5,000, or roughly one out of 30,600.

One of the few who received a bureaucratic letter with the news that his 2017 return would be under intensive scrutiny was James B. Comey, who had been fired as F.B.I. director that year by President Donald J. Trump. Furious over what he saw as Mr. Comey’s lack of loyalty and his pursuit of the Russia investigation, Mr. Trump had continued to rail against him even after his dismissal, accusing him of treason, calling for his prosecution and publicly complaining about the money Mr. Comey received for a book after his dismissal.
ADVERTISEMENT
Continue reading the main story

Mr. Comey was informed of the audit in 2019. Two years later, the I.R.S., still under the leadership of a Trump appointee after President Biden took office, picked about 8,000 returns for the same type of audit Mr. Comey had undergone from the 154 million individual returns filed in 2019, or about one in 19,250.
Among those who were chosen to have their 2019 returns scrutinized was the man who had been Mr. Comey’s deputy at the bureau: Andrew G. McCabe, who served several months as acting F.B.I. director after Mr. Comey’s firing.

What are the odds! Crazy, right? Two people critical of Trump, both despised by the Don, get chosen for a rare audit…

Anyone think maybe…nah, couldn’t be, right?

dont you accuse people on here of conspiracies a lot?

5 Likes

deep state hates democrats now

1 Like

Do you think it’s possible that 2 out of 5,000 people could be high profile critics of trump randomly?

who in the blue hell in the IRS is going to be pro- trump enough to go after his haters?

amazing. the media universe comes
down on trump unrelentingly for years abouf his taxes but thats because he’s a master criminal level 10 who’s also stupid, but someone in the democrat womb gets a mere audit and it’s due to what, trump and his evil cabal in the state dept or where-ever?

good lord dude!

3 Likes

are the hearings that boring?

2 Likes

Couldn’t have happened to two of the most deserving fine people.

8 Likes

So now the IRS is specifically targeting people for audits based on politics but they weren’t in years before? This is funny.

3 Likes

Them weren’t people before. They were groups.

Gonna need a lot more here before i believe the irs targeted these two tho.

1 Like

Yeah, whatever.

In 2010, after receiving Baucus’s letter, the IRS considered the issue of auditing donors to 501(c)(4) organizations, alleging that a 35 percent gift tax would be due on donations in excess of $13,000. The documents show that the IRS wanted to cross-check donor lists from 501(c)(4) organizations against gift tax filings and commence audits against taxpayers based on this information.

3 Likes

Fair enough. For some reason i thought it was the groups who were audited. I was wrong. Judicial watch forgot that liberal groups were targeted too

Which is why i am gonna need a lot more info before i believe the two in the op were targeted

But they were not speaking of groups. They were speaking of donors to those groups.

It is quite possible these audits with Comey and McCabe were random. It’s not just Trump and the low level and middle class earners who should get audited.

1 Like

Right i agree it could have totally been random. I was wrong on the group part. Misremembered lol

1 Like

Not totally. I think they went after the groups also, but it was not limited to them. They also targeted those who donated.

3 Likes

Who cares? Do you care that the AG of NY has been going through everything Trump has touched hoping to find something?

5 Likes

Nature is messy. It throws up outlier results. One indicator of potentizlly doctored results in a random sampling is the absence of any unlikely data, such as five sixes in a row in a series of random dice throws.

1 Like

Do you care if Trump is found guilty in a court of law of defrauding banks or insurance companies and/or his company’s taxes?

Yes.

It’s just funny watching the NYTs cry over investigating politicians

2 Likes

Who are the NYTs?

Check the source of the article in the OP.