Colorado commission has Masterpiece Bakery in its crosshairs again

Wrong.

10 char

I don’t care if his objection is rooted in orders from the tooth fairy, government has no business forcing anyone to say anything they don’t agree with.

5 Likes

Prove it…

The bolded part isn’t true Joanne for 2 reasons, you should review the court documents. The below is from the statement of facts that Mr. Phillips agreed to as part of the proceedings.

#1 He said he would sell them other goods (including cakes) for other purposes but he would not sell them a cake for a same-sex wedding. " Phillips informed Complainants that he does not create wedding cakes for same-
sex weddings. Phillips told the men, “I’ll make you birthday cakes, shower cakes, sell you cookies and brownies, I just don’t make cakes for same-sex weddings.”"

#2 To claim they insisted on some type of gay message is also false, because as Mr. Phillips agreed, there was never any discussion of design. As soon as he found out who the customers were, he refused service.

.>>>>

Well, we have common ground in that we don’t want a cheeseburger & ask for the Quarter Pounder without it. It is worth the wait.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ok I will stand corrected on that. Thought he told them they could have a premade cake.

However the rest is true. He wouldn’t refuse to sell them cookies or anything else. Just the wedding cake.

Would you know if Colorado allows religious exemptions in business transactions—even if it is based in a desire to appease the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Arizona & Indiana as well as a few others. May I assume it’s no for Colorado?

oh stop it with the drama. Between you and Conan im not sure who is snowflaking harder with the butthurt. WAAAAA they are attacking a majority religion in the united states…

You folks are a joke…Your poor freedoms…Meanwhile there is a genocide going on in Myanmar with a Muslim population. in the context of reality your ■■■■■■■ butthurt its a joke.

Actual people are dying for their beliefs…

And yes conan i know, If the left had their way it would be the same. i already know the stupidity you were going to post. Mr i want to kick liberal teeth in because im a victim of their violence…

so what? your poor victim argument falls on its face now. So does guvnah, and conan, and the rest. If you had bothered to read Kennedy’s opinion you would have know that Scotus was telling Colorado to redo the ■■■■■■■ issue without the whole " they were mean to the baker" angle. As long as they conducted the affair in a fair and balanced manner the outcome most likely would have been different for the baker. Since the Commission used salty words scotus side with the baker in a narrow view…

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you guys fly off the handle with your feelings without the facts of the issue.

Under CO law he should have sold them a cake with out words or designs on it. His religious feelings have nothing to do with the law, and had the commission actually just stated that instead of attacking his faith, Scotus most likely would have found for the couple.

So now they have to retry this whole stupid thing, because some ■■■■■■■ wants to be a ■■■■■■■ bigot and not make money.

Please make a video of yourself the minute you learn how this new case is resolved. You dont need to show your face but I want to watch you do the stompy stomp.

You failed to read the important reference to Mr. Jack’s case.
The commission can be polite and oh so nice. But if their logic is different than that used in Mr Jack’s case… Colorado commission will be shot down again.

I find the new case to have much less merit than the previous case.

You need to troll better.

But did the CCCR exercise religious neutrality in their decision, and without undue disrespect towards cakeshop’s sincere religious beliefs.

That is the only thing SCOTUS cares about.

Cakeshop violated the Colorado law.

CCCR ruled and sent a letter to cakeshop,

its an open and shut case.

Allan

and that violates Colorado law.

Allan

According the faithful of the Centgov Secular Puritans, he is not a decent person and should be driven from the tribe.

Communist.

I wonder if the First Lady would loan me her “I really don’t care. Do u?” jacket.

Sounds to me you’re the one with butt hurt…and few missing teeth after the last SCOTUS ruling.

Let’s stone him! I’ll throw the 2nd rock.

And you are a high priest.