Cohen taped Trump talking about paying off a playboy model

Might want to take up a hobby

1 Like

Nothingburger. If you’re using the orbital period of Mercury, this thing happened YEARS ago.

1 Like

Yes, I suspect it will be a while - if ever. :rofl:

Nebraska Football raises his hand…I did as well, and also look forward to the same. :+1:

1 Like

Well someone got him…on tape that is…

Yep. Kelby had an excellent response, and DoLoop a great follow up, in another thread about why Trump supporters keep pushing such hopelessly stupid arguments. Kelby mentioned tribalism, as well as the same instinctual defenses of long-time sports fans when their home team is “under attack.”

Being under attack energizes them, reinforces their defenses. Reasoning in such a scenario means little to nothing.

Not a good restatement of their posts, but I think I’m in the ballpark.

Most won’t. That would take some modicum of honesty and credibility. Since they’ve hitched their wagon so tightly to a pathological liar with zero morals, it’s kinda hard for them to admit the mistake they’ve made. After all, Donald’s credo is to never admit when he’s wrong, so why should they?

Good on ya for standing your ground. You are a dying breed in today’s crazy political climate.

Nothing up on Foxnews.com, yet.

It’s gonna take some serious wordsmithing to spin this.

Any guesses on what the take will be? They need to give messaging guidance quickly on this.

I’m guessing the focus will be on how much of a rat Cohen is for recording conversations, to start with.

Another day. Another lie or two or three or four.

They are anxiously awaiting word from Bill Shine on the best way to spin this. :laughing:

2 Likes

It was enough to end John Edwards political career permanently, I doubt the evangelical Trump voters will give a damn though.

1 Like

Yeah, I know - I was kind of speaking tongue - in - cheek on that last part about Trumpists being honest. I know ithat’s a lot to ask from them.

I’m guessing “Not illegal!” and “Attorney-client privilege!”

So, intentionally missing the point or plain ignorance.

But you’re right about the attacks on Cohen, they haven’t really started yet. Now might be the time.

2 Likes

The attack dogs will excoriate Cohen, try to discredit him, and ultimately label him a traitor. Then they’ll start with the procedural wrongs committed by Cohen when he recorded his client. Lastly, they’ll grasp at the straw that this technically doesn’t prove anything.

Never mind that Trump et al have lied about this many times by saying they have “absolutely no knowledge whatsoever” about payments like this.

Bottom line: Cohen owes Trump nothing. Trump has no loyalty to anyone; Cohen sees that now. There’s no reason for him not to cooperate with any investigation. Trump’s scrambling this morning.

2 Likes

The funny thing is that honesty is a hell of a lot easier than lying. These guys twist themselves into knots on the daily trying to justify their support for a proven liar.

It’s freakin weird.

1 Like

The attacks are coming. Make no mistake about it. And these attacks will likely do little more than to further the resolve of Cohen, in recognizing that Trump is not worth taking a bullet for. Which is also likely why he hired Lanny Davis as well. He is ready to mount a defense against the attacks, and he wants to position himself not being the villain of this story.

My guess is the attorney-client privilege angle, hinting strongly at deep-state tyranny.

Trump got game! A playboy bunny? Come on!

You don’t have to have game when you have money.

2 Likes

In fact I think women will let you grab them by the ■■■■■ when you have lots of money.

1 Like