CNN commits their biggest blunder yet

Reliable Sources canceled

Brian Stelter leaving the network.

It’s hard to see the network have their most trusted newsman and political expert depart. Chris Licht, the new CEO, has talked about wanting the network to get back to newsy basics but with this move he’s lost all credibility. You can’t turn the company around while losing your well regarded newstalkers. Where am I going to go to find out which sources are reliable? Mediabuzz? I’d rather dedicate my tv watching to YouTube videos about pet otters. So, I made this thread. I’d like for us all to talk about our fondest memories of Reliable Sources. I’ll start.

1 Like

Never heard of it. When I first started reading I thought they meant the use of attributing to “reliable sources” was being eliminated by CNN reporters. :joy:

3 Likes

Brian Stelter…most trusted newsman and political expert.

:rofl:

Seriously?

:rofl:

3 Likes

Stelter???
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I always loved the cheerfulness of the show in the morning. My favorite moments were probably those involving the chimpanzee J. Fred Muggs. He’d drink coffee with Dave Garroway while they’d shoot the ■■■■ about the news. Wait. No. I think that was the Today Show in the mid-50s.

4 Likes

We see just who here are radical left-wing hacks are. :wink:

1 Like

With a viewership of dozens his influence was felt by some home bound nebbishes.

5 Likes

Stelter would climb a tree just for the opportunity to tell a lie/lies.

He said it was CNN’s most trusted…

Not that Stelter was THE most trusted.

And to be blunt, I took the OP’s statement on that as sarcasm. Maybe I misinterpreted that.

1 Like

Recency bias but there just isn’t any coming back from this. If CNN wants to be the serious place, this is an easy call.

1 Like

Correct interpretation, though the appeal of pet otter videos might have been so strong to mask it.

:rofl: :rofl:

Me thinks there was some riots giggling going on the op was being written. Or chuckling.

Completely unrelated to that video which is not too bad russel brand comes from the Dane Cook time in comedy. No. Just no.

Pow!!

I think I prefer Stelter over anything Brand. “Hysterical”

Are they trying to make Stephen Crowder cry?

He was on point making fun of Stelter’s pompousness - "I can’t believe more people are listening to Rogan than to me ! :triumph: "

2 Likes

that was for Toobin

1 Like

Same. :rofl:

2 Likes