CNN anchor hits Trump: He didn't go to Vietnam 'until he was in his 70s' with 'Secret Service protection'

No. She wasn’t born then. She also would not have been drafted as she is female.

When did she criticize and belittle the service of those who did go? Which is the entire reason Donald deserves being dumped on for this, of course.

1 Like

It does not.

Are you in the market for a car or truck? :sunglasses:

1 Like

But you wouldn’t be hypocritical for calling out his own hypocrisy on the matter, however.

Do we currently have a draft for her to dodge? Did she dodge the draft, then criticize someone who served?

When did she talk ■■■■ about POWs because they got captured there?

2 Likes

"He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

–Not Clinton.

Edit because the exact qoute is even more of a joke.

1 Like

Those buckets are getting heavier by the minute.

2 Likes

If I do it “as much as anyone” there should be a plethora of examples for you to cite. Please do! We’d all love to see those accusations backed up.

Of course, the more likely outcome is that you won’t be able to back it up and will just insist it happens without proof.

No, I don’t “whatabout” as much as anyone because doing so is super inconsistent. It justifies one guy doing a thing because the other guy did it. But that’s not the problem-the problem is when the first guy was supposed to be better than the second, and was supposed to be above doing the thing the second guy did.

Like Trump and golf. I don’t have a problem with Trump golfing. The “whataboutism” comes into play when Trump, and his supporters, spent years whining about Obama golfing, and Trump ran for president insisting he wouldn’t have time for golf.

A classic “whatabouter” will say “yeah, Trump golfs a lot, but so did Obama” and leave it at that.

Someone who is consistent like me will say “I personally don’t care about either of them golfing, but it’s hypocritical of Trump supporters to defend Trump’s golfing after they criticizing Obama for doing it.” That’s not whataboutism.

No irony at all.

1 Like

A convenient revisionist history. Conservatives at the time demonized draft dodgers every single day.

You forget that the goal is only to get you to stop talking about trump…

So when people fall for the “did you serve” or "you do it to’ you have let them achieve their goal.of you not talking about their savior…

1 Like

She’s born now. Has she been?

I was too young to be political at the time but remember well that those that left, were demonized. It was mostly older vs younger more than lib/conserv or R/D.

Of course it does. Has she ever set foot in Vietnam?

Well, I am old enough to remember and you are wrong.

Trump is not my Savior.

I want to talk about his policies. I already know he’s a pig.

They were demonized. They were called traitors.

Oh man! That changes a whole lot! Good quote too.

Ana Cabrera was born in 1982.