CNN anchor hits Trump: He didn't go to Vietnam 'until he was in his 70s' with 'Secret Service protection'

That would be all well and good had Trump attacked his “sneaky back stabbing”.

But he didn’t.

No, I did not dodge the draft over a minor medical issue.

Arrests are coming so I wouldn’t worry about petty stuff like this if I were you.

The storm is coming!

Winter is coming!

Anyone remember who it was that got out of the draft with a cyst on his butt?

Lol it’s ancient history, time to move on!

Bears repeating, and it’s not just the shifting attitude about military service.

“Character matters - unless it’s OUR deplorable we’re talking about!”

Fat donald has no class. He can’t let it go.

https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/status/1108045150222082049?s=21

And Russian Colluder

Trump dodged the draft and attacked McCain’s as a POW before he became president, so it doesn’t really count.

Rush Limbaugh

Pilonidal cysts are no joke. I’ve had them on two separate occasions. The first time required multiple hospital visits, lancing, draining, packing with gauze, cleaning, rinse repeat. I was very lucky that the 2nd time, meds took care of it.

Very excruciating, and if they get bad enough, surgery can be required-and even with surgery, they can still come back.

1 Like

Heh…I’ve also had two of them, and the first was horrible and almost identical to what you described. And the second, I was able to catch quickly, thanks to my horrifying experience with the first one, and antibiotics cleared it up before needing to go through the lance/drain/pack ordeal.

The last one was just about 3 months ago. And I’m terrified of a return and needing surgery to repair.

What’s your point? Did Clinton “dodge the draft” but go on to denigrate the service of those who were, say, captured and held as POWs?

Did Clinton get a convenient diagnosis of, say, bone spurs, to avoid service?

Did Bill claim that avoiding STDs was his personal Vietnam?

I hope you get the idea here. I don’t personally find it terribly genuine to compare Trump to Clinton on this one. Just my opinion, though.

Yowza!

Mine were both during college. I was very grateful that the second didn’t require surgery. It came about right at the start of my senior year in college, and the expected recovery time is about 2 months-which would have pushed me back a semester. I was fortunate to have very understanding professors who had prior students that had them, so they knew I wasn’t blowing smoke. One of my professors was even able to refer me to a surgeon that had experience with them in the event surgery was required.

1 Like

thanks

Piloidal cysts - Mr Limbaugh.

1 Like

So you admit Trump was a draft dodger? No one on the left ever claimed that Clinton did not get help to avoid the draft.

What we are pointing out is the hypocrisy of the right who castigated Clinton but now embrace draft dodgers and have evolved on the position to where suddenly they dont have a problem with it any more.