Climate change thread of despair

The Sierra club is openly opposed to any kind of nuclear energy.

What does the first sentence in the post you just replied to say?

They are now, but back in the mid 60s, when Sentor Ernest Gruening was proposing to build the Rampart dam on the Yukon River, the Sierra Club’s position was emphatic that nuclear power was the best alternative to large hydro projects.

Your post seemed contradictory since a scapegoat is someone that takes the blame but is not responsible.

There you go again …

There I go doing what?

Do you not know what a scapegoat is?

Keep it up … we have come to expect it from you.

I think they oppose whomever they are paid to oppose.

Actually, when they first organized, they were a pretty sincere well meaning group who definitely had the best interests of the environment at heart. Over the years, however, their membership became more and more radical and they had to lean that way to survive. There is a lot of money involved in such a group.

1 Like

scape¡goat

ˈskāpˌɡōt/

noun

a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

See, to me you are scapegoating environmentalists because you are blaming them for the failures of others, specifically the management. I know of no other applicable definition of the word and that’s how I used it in this context.

Now, go back and read your reply where you admit to using environmentalists as scapegoats but still find them at fault and you can see why that post would seem self contradictory.

Suffice to say, you’ve provided no information actually demonstrating anything relating to protestors and environmentalists other than your memory.

Just because I told you to keep it up is no reason for you to do so. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey man, feel free to make an actual reply to my well laid out posts. It seems you misunderstood what was being said. No problem. Stuff happens.

Back to the point, the management of WPPSS is at fault for the project failure by all factual accounts. Environmentalists and lawsuits are being falsely blamed for the failures of others, seemingly just to fuel a narrative.

Refer back to post no. 196.

Read it. Why do you think this substantiates your assertion?

You’re a smart fellow, surely you must know that your persistence proves my point.

Well, if you want to make the topic about me personally, I guess you win. Enjoy your victory.

Maybe you missed the fact that I have been trying to get you to drop your personal battle and get back to discussing the topic. I’m glad you finally agree.

I was discussing the topic. I didn’t make anything personal.

I’m sure you think so …

I think my posts in this thread aren’t the ones being removed by mods.