Climate change thread of despair

We are lead by an administration that asserts that climate change is a hoax yet assumes the planet will warm by 7-degrees by the end of this century and which then use this assumption as an argument that civilization is past the point of no return so de-regulate and pollute anyway. Consider this as you bounce your grand-kid on your knee or look at your expectant daughter and all the excitement it brings thinking about the future.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/trump-administration-sees-a-7-degree-rise-in-global-temperatures-by-2100/2018/09/27/b9c6fada-bb45-11e8-bdc0-90f81cc58c5d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.409514312a58

Iā€™d prefer this thread not to be an endless roundabout over orbital wobbles or a contest between posters of who made the mistake of not fully understanding something. If youā€™re unable to personally handle being mistaken on a point or want to engage in the game of dogpiling over nonsense please donā€™t post. Please keep it to the subjects at hand.

As for supplemental material, I would encourage participants to post other examples of climate effects to our weather, ecosystems and modern infrastructure. And since the ingenuity of man is always lauded and that humanity will ā€˜adaptā€™, post literature regarding what that adaption would look like and would it would require in terms of political will and cost.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t matter. The POS baby boomers who went from freedom to fascism will vote for the sociopath no matter what.

The BB generation (mine) is the WORST ever.

BB generation?

Baby boomer

Gotcha

10char

Iā€™m a baby boomer and my friends are baby boomers. We certainly didnā€™t vote for the sociopath or any other Republican.

The POS Republicans, of all generations, are to blame for where we find our country today. I certainly donā€™t see the younger Republican voters taking stands against the sociopath and the Republican sycophants in office.

I knowā€¦but biggest demographic for this animal is the boomers.

Too easy.
ā€¦

Great. Let the good times roll.

It will. Noting you can do to stop it.

1 Like

I wish I had a Nelson Muntz gif to post to the OP.

Thatā€™s not my fault or boomers who arenā€™t Republicans or Conservatives or Trumplicans.

That being said, older, white educated voters are trending towards the Dā€™s this election cycle.

(Reuters) - ā€œOlder, white, educated voters helped Donald Trump win the White House in 2016. Now, they are trending toward Democrats in such numbers that their ballots could tip the scales in tight congressional races from New Jersey to California, a new Reuters/Ipsos poll and a data analysis of competitive districts shows.ā€œ

ā€œNationwide, whites over the age of 60 with college degrees now favor Democrats over Republicans for Congress by a 2-point margin, according to Reuters/Ipsos opinion polling during the first three months of the year. During the same period in 2016, that same group favored Republicans for Congress by 10 percentage points.ā€

Exclusive: As elections near, many older, educated, white voters shift away from Trump's party | Reuters

There is nothing stopping younger Republicans/Conservatives from stepping up and joining the 21st century, but I donā€™t see them doing that at all.

I recall from a few years ago there was a sub-movement in the evangelical christians that opposed environmental regulations on the grounds that the end of days was coming soon and they were worried that God would complain ā€œI gave you all these resources and you didnā€™t use all of them.ā€

I hope so. But the boomers are the biggest block of supporters for this piece of filth we have in the White Houseā€¦and they support him no matter what he does.

Yuuuuuuuge hypocrites.

I donā€™t. I think itā€™s the ā€œworking manā€.

Its Himacane season and the world will endā€¦ SOOOOOOOOOONNNNN!

Look up the demographics of the cultists.

Donā€™t have time. You can post them if you want me to see them.

It is kind of too late to try to slow it down or do much about it.

All we can do is try to prepare.

Think on this. Someone who is born today will be 82 in 2100 and the world that they are going to have to live in.

Ages 50 to 64 53 to 44 pro fascist sociopath.
Ages 65 and up 53 to 45 pro fascist sociopath.

These two groups made up 45% of the vote.

So? The ā€œworking manā€ are part of that first group, too.

He got a few percentage points over half the people in those groups.

He also got 88% of all Republicans.

If you are going to blame one group for electing Trump, blame all the Republicans of every age, especially men (who are 48% of the electorate) for voting for him. Donā€™t blame baby boomers who voted for Hillary.

Here all the demographic data from 2016.

https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/groups-voted-2016/

It will be interesting to compare it to the midterm vote.