Cleveland…. Guardians?

Makes sense.

I used to talk to a girl who was Choctaw. Beautiful woman.

She preferred native over anything else.

They should have changed it to the Cleveland American Indians.

1 Like

This isn’t like the Latinx thing where white liberals made up a thing that Latinos don’t want or care about or most haven’t even heard about. Native Americans want to be called Native Americans, indigenous or their actual tribe name now.

It’s like how we all started calling Eskimos their actual name, Inuit, a few years ago and literally no one cared.

1 Like

The hell was wrong with Eskimo? Inuit kisses sounds dirty.

3 Likes

Yeah it is and always has been. From 2016

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/new-poll-finds-9-in-10-native-americans-arent-offended-by-redskins-name/2016/05/18/3ea11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

More CT crap.

That’s why they added the “I” in BIPOC too. The ADOS population is contracting.

I’m a native American.

1 Like

No we all didn’t.

1 Like

The logo is astronomically bad.

Maybe roll this thread into the one in the Sports column??

:baseball:

There’s nothing wrong with it, it’s a cartoon.

1 Like

“Cubs” should change their name because it is an insult to Bear Cubs, same as “Cardinals.”
The birds, Cardinals, are going to protest and crap on people windshield.

2 Likes

The new team name is ridiculous!

Regardless of how one views the term Indian & the former mascot, indigenous Americans and Asian descended Indians are human beings.

Naming a team after art deco structures?!

I’m sorry, what?!

Guardians of traffic. That’s literally what it says in the article. I’d be offended if they renamed a team that I was on to that. I ■■■■■■■ hate traffic.

1 Like

I personally like the new traffic logo.

Here’s more on indigenous Americans and political correctness, but in the arts:

As in the performing arts, where indigenous performers want recognition as human beings and don’t necessarily need acknowledgement of their heritage in roles, dollars to doughnuts the pressure to rename Cleveland’s baseball team came from whiny white social justice warriors :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

Can’t have black cars because you know someone would find that racist, white cars would be a reference to white supremacy, green cars would be bad cause that would be Capitalism… and so on and so on…

3 Likes

At this rate feminist SHWs will be protesting the St. Louis Cardinals’ logo of the bright red male bird.

Isn’t it sexist to not use the brown female as team mascot?

1 Like

Teams are moving away from people nicknames in general. Art deco sculptures make as much sense as the Minnesota Wild, my favorite hockey team with an admittedly stupid name.

1 Like

What’s to get?

The Dodgers got their name from people who had to dodge dangerous killer electric trolleys in the late 1800s. Seems roughly to be the same ballpark (zing).

Other teams are named for animals, boring nouns, and more boring nouns.

It’s a sports team. If/when they reach a point where they can’t sell jerseys and hats, they’ll change the name/logo/mascot.

Is that because they unveiled it playing the astros?