Citing Power Shortage, California Asks Drivers to Stop Charging Electric Cars

Sorry … You beat me to it. :wink:

That’s all the more reason to live there. :wink:

Their stupid policy caused fossil fuel market vulnerabilities.

1 Like

Perhaps I can help with a real life parallel
When I moved from Pennsylvania (cheap) to Long Island everyone on Long Island said “Sure stuff is more expensive here, but you get paid more so it evens out” (or words to that effect.)

What I can tell you as fact is that no it dores not really even out. The standard of living is LOWER in the expensive place. Homes are smaller, essential everyday items are more expensive in a way that is not matched by wages. Additionally the higher wages come with a higher tax bracket, no financial aid for kids college studies etc… The net standard of living is LOWER in expensive Long Island (outside NYC) than its equivalent oustside Philadelphia, outside Atlanta, outside Dallas, etc… I believe this alsoi applies to most of California.

BUT . . . if you happen to make a professional’s income (engineer, doctor, college professor, school teacher etc.) there are noticeable benefits as you get older. . . . as you approach retirement you find out your pension (in expensive LI) is twice as big as that of the guy who lived outside Dallas and your house is worth twice as much.

I’m just saying that is what I saw on Long Island and it is probably true of California as well.

1 Like

Read the source behind that link, then reread what I stated.

when i say citizens i mean people over 18 and not disabled.

they can move anywhere their hearts content.

sorry if i did not communicate that in my post.

Allan

What citizens can’t be disabled now? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

to have the freedom to choose were they live.

as you pointed out its hard to choose to pick where you live if you are disabled

Allan

Looks like california isnt growinf so quick these days, losing a seat and all

University of California Santa Barbara? What’s wrong with them? :thinking:

Californians have that choice more than any other state in the nation, by virtue of our greater home equity and higher income. We could cash out and buy up in another state but choose not to. After all, what good is a bigger house if the local society is infested with drooling red-hatters?

Nothing, it’s what’s wrong with the statement “electricity doesn’t flow through wires, it’s actually carried by a field outside the wire.”

Electricity is not solely electrical energy, that energy is a result of charge current.

That, and the fact that the original link is to a piss poor explanation of skin effect.

Quoted for irony. Also, the hilarity of someone claiming the intellectual high ground while tripping over their spelling shoelaces twice in four words.

All of which matters not in the slightest. :wink:

Then why ask?

Because you were not clear when you said “read the source behind the link.” The fact is, you still didn’t explain that statemen … but it matters not in the slightest. :wink:

You’re right, I wasn’t clear, I was lazy.

1 Like

They shouldn’t have been the only one…

Ask Europe how they feel about energy

LOL!!! I have another house from an inheritance. I set the AC in that house to 78 because I don’t live there.

1 Like