Cisco fires employees who asked the "wrong" questions during a BLM discussion

They didn’t do anything illegal though

2 Likes

Do you know the criteria of “not in line”? Could be flat out racist or maybe it doesn’t align with Cisco’s values.

Think like what? Like black lives matter?

I would fire a black man if he says only black live matter for racism.

Question for PurpnGold…if Conan did that, would it be racism?

If a black guy said ONLY black lives matter… then they probably should be fired. At the very least have a letter in their file.

If it is a “fireable” offense to espouse values contrary’s to the company’s values, then no, it wouldn’t be racist. Saying ONLY black lives matter is would be an issue

1 Like

LOL you’re good. Either that you’re catching onto me.

You asked a good question. Saying ONLY black lives matter is Black Supremacy. I want nothing to do with that.

Fair enough.

Was testing you. :wink:

apparently so

wow. you really got wound up over that

Yes, saying black lives don’t matter but all lives do is a contradiction. The story leaves out a lot of details about who was fired and why they were fired.

My observation is that the cancel culture frequently ignores clarifications and apologies. All it takes is someone with a claim of victimhood saying that they feel uncomfortable or threatened and the offender is fired.

Perhaps real tolerance needs to be resurrected:

Address the post not the poster.

4 Likes

“Black lives don’t matter. All lives matter"

Imagine writing that first sentence in a professional setting. Edgy. So Cool.

“People who complain about racism probably have been a racist somewhere else to people from another race or part of systematic oppression in their own community!”

This one is just embarrassing. Facebook-level stuff.

1 Like

If I said something like “Oh, my. That sounds soooo incredibly fa-bu-lous” in a monotone, breathy voice regarding a topic at a Cisco meeting, would I be deemed to be toxic?

I don’t know, ask Cisco’s HR team.

2 Likes

You shut the hell up at those kind of meetings.

You know how vocal I am.

Not a peep at those meetings.

There is only incorrect answers.

My response is “whatever the corporation wants”

Corporations like smooth waters.

Which is why at most q and a at the end.

Not a voice is ever heard.

Allan (nodding in agreement at those type of meeting since 1987)

1 Like

Never. Never. Ever.

It easy.

Just nod in agreement to continue getting a paycheck.

Allan

1 Like

CISCO has a near monopoly on data worldwide going through its devices. No amount of conservative cancel culture could touch its bottom line. They’re the best for a reason.

2 Likes

I laughed when someone said they would never by a Cisco product again :rofl: