CinC, maybe, sort of

I guess for many house dems CinC is just a suggestion.

or maybe having a mentally deficient President makes them nervous.

2 Likes

Well it certainly did the last four years, which is likely why they’re trying to do something about it now that they have control of Congress and the Presidency.

1 Like

I am totally ok with divvying that up a bit as long as possible response time isn’t negatively impacted.

:smiley: Yeah, you should read your link…

They are prepping in case the craziness return in 2024. I’m ok with this.

2 Likes

I am for the the Legislature clawing back power it ceded to the Executive.

I don’t care who the President is.

If the Congress was controlled by the GOP and they were doing this I would support it.

1 Like

I can see why he scares them. But the answer is getting rid of the senile old sock puppet, not taking away presidential power.

Probably unconstitutional.

Why would it be?

It would take legislation that the President signs.

The Cold War is over. Time for the Legislature to take back the power to destroy the planet.

Because the choice to use nuclear weapons is a military decision, and the Constituion exclusively grants the Executive the power to command the military.

1 Like

Me too. If it takes Republicans being afraid of “senile” Biden to get the votes, that’s fine by me.

Like the Dems in Congress, we saw the volatility of Trump and this is a good precaution against him or any President.

Executive branch, right? Could it require a VP and President agreement? Both are Executive Branch.

1 Like

I am all for Congress “clawing back” various delegations of power that it has made to the Executive - but the power to command the military has never sat with Congress. It has always been an exclusive power of the Executive.

1 Like

Dropping a nuke on someone is an act of war. And the constitution give the power to declare war to the Congress.

All powers of the Executive flow through the President. The Vice President has no Constitutional powers of their own, aside from presiding over the Senate and breaking ties.

1 Like

I tried. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The Constitution gave Congress the power to declare war - not to execute war.

2 Likes

Yes…

No. The pres is commander of armed forces.

First strike ability can be legislated.