CIA ‘too white’ to spot 9/11 clues? No Diversity

SAS, huh? That’s cute. Where were they, or MI5 or the SIS for that matter, when the Provos failed to assassinate the Queen and on another occasion the entire Tory leadership only because of sheer dumb luck?

The CIA didn’t have a clearly defined mission because as a global organization their charter was to go up against the Soviets, full stop. Everything played second fiddle to that.

There wasn’t “mono thinking,” there were a bunch of people with a bunch of ideas about what the CIA should actually do post-Soviets and they were getting into all sorts of things done that had never been their remit while simultaneously having their budget cut so they went from a global intelligence agency to an intelligence agency with global surge capabilities.

Did you read the article?

They were aware of Bin Laden, they were aware al-Qaeda, they could have done something but did nothing.

The Reno/Gorelick “Wall of Separation” made it impossible to detect the planned attack before it happened because LEO’s and Intel people could not talk to one another. That was the biggest single factor in the breakdown.

Also the lack of cooperation between state LEO’s and Immigration prevented several of the hijackers from being identified and deported for immigration violations. Had they been caught, odds are very high that the plot would have unraveled because those were the key players/planners.

Do you read the article? The problem is obviously groupthink. That has nothing to do with race. Who told your generation every problem is race?

1 Like

Actually, that is the motto of the SAS, a moderately competent organization of english origin.

I know, do the rangers have a moto?

I don’t need to read the article. I can quote you chapter and verse of where Al Qaeda came from, who formed it and how it actually worked off the top of my head and the answer ain’t “we funded the Muj in Afghanistan and they turned on us.”

There was more or less not much to be done between the poles of continuing to fund Massoud and the Northern Alliance and sanctioning the Taliban government and a full fledged military intervention. No political will for it anyway.

2 Likes

With Sneaky, the motto you’re looking for is “de oppresso liber.”

Dude, if you don’t read the article, you’re missing the point of the thread, it’s not really that much about Al Qaeda origin.

My uncle was still with the bureau at the time and was a 30 year vet told me the same thing at the time.

I did read the article. I don’t need to read it to know about Al Qaeda.

Not really what the thread’s about.

You’ve seemed to have missed the point all together.

Rangers, it is a proper name. Yes, they do. Assuming you mean The Regiment of course and not just graduates of the school.

1 Like

He’s not the one that missed the point.

You guys seem to have your own wavelength going on things. A real Bromance.

I really haven’t. We were discussing the institutional failings of the CIA and I disagree with a few of the conclusions the article draws in whole or part and said as much.

You’re the one over here with “the motto of losers” and beating your chest about the SAS in a passive aggressive way.

Where were you in 2003?

You’re the only one doing the passive aggressive thing. :wink: