Chuck Grassley will ascend to President pro Tempore of the Senate and Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Lindsey Graham to succeed Grassley as Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee

With Orrin Hatch’s departure, Chuck Grassley is now the most senior Republican in the Senate and accordingly will ascend to President pro Tempore of the Senate and Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee. Lindsey Graham will succeed Grassley as Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Senator McConnell was reelected Majority Leader by acclamation.

It now awaits to be seen if Lindsey Graham will be as aggressive with judicial nominations as Grassley was.

On the other side, Schumer was reelected Minority Leader.

So much harmony in the senate.

I don’t seem to recall Grassley being quite so aggressive with judicial nominations in, oh, the summer of 2016. Perhaps Senator Graham will also decide it’s time to defer nominations until the will of the people is heard in 2020?

Old white men running things. Don’t these Regressives have any young people, women or minorites in their party?

Who knee you could write a thread title that was this long?

Try saying the title 3 times fast!

1 Like

:smile:

At least you can tell what the thread is about.

One of my pet peeves are ambiguous thread titles that require that you enter the thread to determine what it is about.

Agreed…lol…thats what i liked about the old forum…you could scroll over the title and you’d get a nice little synopsis.