Chuck and Nancy are such liars!

Quick search and I found it.

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/21519/

I guess you’re referring to this section …

“The President’s unlawful declaration over a crisis that does not exist does great violence to our Constitution and makes America less safe, stealing from urgently needed defense funds for the security of our military and our nation. This is plainly a power grab by a disappointed President, who has gone outside the bounds of the law to try to get what he failed to achieve in the constitutional legislative process.

It’s very possible for Schumer and Pelosi to consider military funding important but at the same time have an overall opinion that we spend too much on our military.

OK.

That’s not the OP’s point though.

You clearly don’t understand that I don’t give a rats ass about your opinion of me. So knock it off. And you also clearly don’t understand that the President has already spoken with the generals and they have already told him where he could find the money without impacting national defense or the troops. He explained this in his press conference. So you clearly don’t understand that you clearly need to pay attention to the facts before making uneducated responses. Is that clear?

There. We’re even. I’m done with judging you now, if you are done judging me. Fair enough?

Seriously? That’s what you actually believe? That is incredibly far fetched. Generally the least complicated explanation is the best one. This one makes a major leap complete with a huge assumption.

More specifically, housing for F-35s.

You can very easily argue that military spending is important to our national security but believe that as a country we spend too much on military.

Liars???
You really going to take this stance when the guy you support is doing the SAME DAMN THING. smdh

You People…

The point here is that taking 6 billion (or whatever the number is) NOW from the military means we’re STILL going to have to spend that 6 billion on the military in the future for the projects it would have been used for.

I thought their point was quite simple to understand.

Let’s try a very simple scenario.

I have $100 to pay a bill for next month. I have a “crisis” and decide I need a Starbucks NOW, but I don’t have $5 to spare, except from the $100 for my bill. So I take $5 from my bill money to buy the Starbucks. I’m going to be $5 short on paying my bill. The bill still has to be paid.

That’s what is happening here, except the bill is money needed for military construction projects, and the Starbucks is a campaign promise that Trump couldn’t negotiate, so he’s borrowing from another fund.

Which generals? Matti…whoops. Kell…whoops.

Be specific. Because the reports I’m hearing is that “the generals” at the DoD are none too happy about this.

This explaination is a joke too?

Bull crap. Have they ever claimed that we are not spending enough on the military before? 6 billion out of nearly 800 billion has them upset? Yeah right. I don’t even believe that you are falling for that load of bull. The feds blow that much money in the length of time it took the President to make his speech. C’mon man!

Trump went by the letter of the Immigration and Nationalities act.

An immigration emergency is defined as an “influx of aliens which either is of such magnitude or exhibits such other characteristics that effective administration of the immigration laws of the United States is beyond the existing capabilities” of immigration authorities “in the affected area or areas.”

Other factors that determine if an immigration emergency exists include “the likelihood of continued growth in the magnitude of the influx,” an "apparent connection between the influx and increases in criminal activity, high “demands on law enforcement agencies” and “other circumstances” that are defined by the attorney general.

Nothing can be done about it until the influx of migrants are processed legally.

Which reports. And which generals. Be specific. Obviously you have researched this. Watcha got?

Bunch of irrelevant claptrap.

If we take out X billion now, we’re still going to have to spend that X billion on what it was intended for, which means we’ll be added 6 billion to the next budget, further increasing military spending. That’s EXACTLY how this will work. No amount of righteous indignation will change that.

I’m guessing SOMEBODY still owns one of those old projection TVs.

I asked you a question first. Cite the generals that are totes cool with this.

I suspect you didn’t watch the hearing on January 29th where Pentagon officials unequivocally stated there is no crisis at the border that warrants what Trump has just done.

Honest Abe?

But why are Chuck and Nancy suddenly defense Hawks worrying about short changing the military? Today is the first time I have ever heard them express any concern for assuring funding increased for the military. What gives?

Trump, like every POTUS before him, hasnt spent a dime on the military. Congress controls that, not the president.

They aren’t. By “short changing” the military now, we will have to add that amount to a future budget to make sure the project that can now not be completed will be completed.

Read the post you just quoted, and my first post in the thread. I very clearly and succinctly laid it out for you.