CHRISTMAS CANCELED: University Professor Says ‘Jingle Bells’ Rooted in Racism | Sean Hannity

A liberal theater professor at world-renowned Boston University raised eyebrows on Friday, after she claimed the iconic Christmas song ‘Jingle Bells’ has “racist origins” that were “systematically removed from its history.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hannity.com//media-room/christmas-canceled-university-professor-says-jingle-bells-rooted-in-racism/

In case anyone wants to read the peer reviewed journal article that was published in August 2017 (and FINALLY getting the attention it deserves, thanks to our gracious host).

Someone needs to get a life. The song we sing at Christmas is not racist.

That’s not what the peer reviewed article is about. Did you read it? Or at least the excerpt?

I’m going to be the one dissident on this thread.

Yes, it’s a bit ridiculous to compare “Jingle Bells” to racism.

But I’ll give her credit. Unlike a lot in this part of the U S, where many residents tend to have a simplified view of history and current events, “North, good. South, bad.” type mentality you’d expect from a three year old, at least she acknowledges a history of racism in such northern cities as Boston and New York.

Why the ■■■■ are we talking about Christmas in June? Conservatives and their constant War on Christmas is so tired, so pathetic and so over. Get a life!

1 Like

To be fair, Hannity originally posted the War of Christmas article to his site 10 days before Christmas 2017. The peer reviewed article was from August 2017.

This bot that floods the board though, it’s kind of ridiculous.

Ah, so fake news.

Well, yeah. The hype about the article is way overblown. I mean, even accepting the premise that all Libs are in agreement that Jingle Bells may never be sung ever again because it’s inherently racist; does that mean Christmas is effectively canceled? Is your Christmas dependant on that particular song? It’s not even a Christian Christmas song. We can still sing Oh Holy Night, right?

What’s next? Are those libs going to stop us from singing “I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus”??? Over my dead body.