‘CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY’: Feds Discover ‘Largest Oil Reserve’ Ever Assessed Under Texas

Originally published at: https://www.hannity.com/media-room/christmas-came-early-feds-discover-largest-oil-reserve-ever-assessed-under-texas/

The United States Geological Survey confirmed the discovery this week of the largest “continuous oil and gas assessment” ever found under Texas and New Mexico; with Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke saying “Christmas came a few weeks early this year.”

“Today, the U.S. Department of the Interior announced the Wolfcamp Shale and overlying Bone Spring Formation in the Delaware Basin portion of Texas and New Mexico’s Permian Basin province contain an estimated mean of 46.3 billion barrels of oil, 281 trillion cubic feet of natural gas, and 20 billion barrels of natural gas liquids, according to an assessment by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). This estimate is for continuous (unconventional) oil, and consists of undiscovered, technically recoverable resources,” writes the United States Geological Survey.

“Christmas came a few weeks early this year,” said U.S. Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke. “American strength flows from American energy, and as it turns out, we have a lot of American energy. Before this assessment came down, I was bullish on oil and gas production in the United States. Now, I know for a fact that American energy dominance is within our grasp as a nation.”

“The results of this most recent assessment and that of the Wolfcamp Formation in the Midland Basin in 2016 are our largest continuous oil and gas assessments ever released,” added Dr. Jim Reilly, USGS Director.

Yes.

Nothing says Christmas like dirty, nasty, filthy, world polluting crude oil.

Baby Jesus wept.

Guess you don’t like buying groceries at the store (sent by truck using that nasty oil), guess you don’t like anything made of plastic in your home, or metal. Guess you don’t like driving on paved streets . . …

Nice find…really nice find.

This find is enough to run all American energy needs for almost 5 years in Oil and NG. That may not sound much but they will still be mining this resource for next 100 years.

Nice, maybe he can now get off of the crouch of Saudi Arabia ?

Of course I love buying groceries and enjoying all the other such “benefits” of nasty oil.

Doesn’t stop me from pointing out how horrid crude oil is in the long run for people and the environment as well as the refined products from said crude.

Speaking of plastics have you seen the plastic island in the pacific?

Or have you seen all the dead fish and fowl and animals who have been caught in plastic, or have ingested plastic?

So you don’t see the confict between the statements of loving and enjoying all the benefits of nasty oil, but preaching about how bad said nasty oil is?

Yes I have. And funny thing is, I was involved in a crowed source 3D printing project to put plastic in the ocean. It’s actually a good thing. We used a biodegradable plant based plastic for the pieces that have now been assembled on the ocean bottom. Long story short it’s going to become an artificial reef in a place that needed one.

Long story made longer, more reefs globally have been prematurely demised by the negative benefits of nasty crude pumped from the ground by man than any reefs have been grown or saved because of nasty crude oil.

Too bad your group didn’t fund going out and harvesting that plastic island in the pacific to use for your beneficial biodegradable plastic reef project.

Now that would have been a great Christmas Present.

:hugs:

You do realize how much nasty crude oil naturally seeps from the ocean floor into the ocean right? Estimates are 5 million gallons per year naturally. Put into perspective, Exxon Valde silled 10 million gallons. Equivalent of 2 years of natural seepage. Deepwater Horizon spilled 5 million. So the two largest spills ever equal just about 3 years of natural seepage.

I don’t think my $12 contribution would have helped much (I used about $2 in plastic, about $1.50 in power, a nd the rest was postage to get them the part). Don’t know how much the guy spend in design, and placement, but I’m betting it wasn’t ten’s of thousands. And I’m not sure if what’s in the plastic island is conpatable with making PLA plastic.

I guess Dad found another bottle under the bed and expects everyone else to be happy about it.

Now we need more refineries!