Christian who doesn't observe Christmas

Why do you seek unscriptural religious observances? We are told to assemble once a week in Christ’s name. Isn’t that enough?

Do you have a problem with me celebrating Christmas? If so why? It’s nobody’s business but mine. Right? How you worship is your business. Isn’t how I worship my business?

If it’s no one’s business but yours, why do you post your thoughts about Christmas in a public forum?

In Biblical times, birthdays were not celebrated. Celebrating birthdays came later. Back in the days of the early Church, many thought that Jesus was crucified on the date he was conceived–and that date was said to have been March 25. Nine months later we have December 25. An earlier tradition was the celebration of the arrival of the three Wise Men, a couple of weeks later. Hence the Twelve Days of Christmas.

There’s Merri!

Merry Christmas! :hugs:

1 Like

Sometimes it is barely enough to assemble and celebrate all seven days of the week. :slight_smile:

And a Merry Christmas to you as well! Have a happy Twelve Days of Christmas.

1 Like

Right. This thread has the potential for turning into a big “you-don’t-worship-like-I-do-so-you’re-wrong” argument.

Wait. You started this thread to ask people to do that.

The celebration is a couple of weeks later. And yes, it’s the reason we have the 12 Days of Christmas.

The actual arrival was a couple of years later. (Thus Herod’s order to kill all males 2-years-old and under.)

Or, Meri Christmas!

2 Likes

That is my understanding as well.

Exactly. Altair claims it’s no ones business. The thread is plainly labeled. Why did he enter it?

Sorry, but to me, that looks like lib tactics to create argument for the sake of arguing.

I’ve never liked someone asking another, “So why are you posting here?” Each thread on this board is a public discussion table. Even ones that say “For (insert a group) only…” are open game for anyone. And the discussion that ensues NEVER sticks solely to the thread label (title) – in any thread.

We have enough of that around here.

I don’t really care what you like.
I hope I’m clear.

Well Merry Christmas to you all the same.

My parents celebrate the Lords Supper, not what they call it, cant remember the name they use, annually. Why do you celebrate it every sunday if you dont mind me asking.

My parents used to do the same. Their answers were because, “This, do, in remembrance of me” and “because we’re congregated in His name every Sunday anyway, so why not?”

I would make the point that there are probably 10,000 or more opinions on what is biblical anyhow. :smile:

I grew up in the United Methodist Church.

“Do this in remembrance of me” and nothing more.

Catholics, on the other hand, do the transubstantiation thing.

Just one example that one’s perception of “biblical” is not necessarily another’s perception of “biblical.”

2 Likes

i know that there are proximities and coincidences but i can prove that the date is actually Christ’s conception date. The date is not given in the bible directly, but because it is corelated with John the Baptists nativity and we have dates for that, it is possible to date the conception by correlation and the birth by extrapolation from there.