Chris Matthews compared Bernie Sanders to Nazi Germany

Chris Matthew compare a Jewish person winning a primary to Nazi Germany. This is the second time a mainstream democrat TV personality compared Sanders to Nazi’s.

His comments sparked a backlash on Twitter, with some critics noting that is was particularly distasteful as Sanders is Jewish and had lost relatives during the Holocaust.

“It is absolutely unacceptable that Matthews is making comparisons between Bernie Sanders, whose family was murdered by Nazis, to Nazis. @HardballChris needs to retire. Immediately,” Media Matters editor-at-large Parker Molloy wrote.

Reporter Alex Kotch added, "I’m really, really insulted by a major pundit on an allegedly liberal news network comparing a Jewish candidate’s overwhelming caucus victory to the French losing a battle with the Nazis. “Get this lunatic off the air.”

Fire his dumbass lol.

I just read the very same article. That was a ■■■■■■ up thing to say, Chris was wrong and should retire or be let go IMO.

1 Like

The lies people will tell themselves, and others, to advance their agenda.

Ignore the headline people.

It’s a great big lie.

Poor tingles, he misses the good old days when everyone was just a racist. lol

2 Likes

Some of these elites in the media are in absolute panic mode with the thought of Bernie winning the nomination.

They help created him.

1 Like

Good stuff, as a conservative we are other called racist or been compared to the Nazis as long as I can remember. Although I think a more fair comparison for Bernie would be the Soviet Union.

1 Like

Good Lord, did any of you actually read the article?

2 Likes

Too funny :rofl::popcorn:

I just watched the clip, he is actually just saying the race is over and Sanders will win the Democratic nomination. He isn’t comparing Sanders to anyone just using a time/event in history when France knew they lost the war.

This is eerily similar to what just happened to a famous broadcaster who just got fired a few days ago in Britain for tweeting a Shakespeare quote that was taken completely out of context. Poor dude was fired for quoting Shakespeare this is were we are at as a society, which scares me much more than the orange :man:

4 Likes

Yep. Matthews is a goofball but the criticism here is PC hysteria.

1 Like

Welcome to the club Bernie. They say the same about Trump. It’s their “feelings” being made verbal. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Donald is a jackass. There’s a difference. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Chris is spinning out if control. What biased idiot. It is time to put him in his place.

I do not agree with you very often…but on this, you are spot on.

1 Like

No they didn’t. Sanders has been saying the same things for decades. Most of the Democratic establishment class, have never liked Sanders. They will screw things up for them too. I hope he gets the chance.

Yes, did you?

Yep. :+1:

Good times for Matthews huh! :roll_eyes:

1 Like