Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine Coronavirus cures?

Australia/US moving forward with chloroquine treatments as of today as a result of more positive results. May also work to prevent acquiring the disease.

UPDATE AS OF NOON 3/19:

It’s not going to be a “cure”.

1 Like

Have we tried castor oil?

2 Likes

SSFD: Care to elaborate?

There is no “cure” for a virus.

Ah, got it. Effective treatment vs cure.

My opinion is that the president of the United States should not be touting drugs that are far from being tested and trialed as impending cures.

That is my opinion. Yours may differ, and I would be interested in hearing that.

2 Likes

Hey…

Why couldn’t an old medicine intended for protozoan parasites be a cure for this new virus?

1 Like

But have we tried castor oil?

When I go surfing or in the ocean twice a week, I never catch a flu. It washes out the sinus completely. Not sure how you’d replicate that inland though. Takes about an hour to really clear up everything.

For a few weeks, down in the weeds, the US and other countries having been testing this on patients and sharing info amongst themselves. The results have been extremely positive with little to no downside thus far. The info has been showing up in various places in media and recently it has become public knowledge (more or less). Given that backdrop I think it is appropriate for POTUS to acknowledge and share the info with the public. It also doesn’t hurt to have a hopeful message when there is one.

3 Likes

LMAO!..Everybody was kung flu fighting!

2 Likes

He is the preeminent snake oil salesman of his generation, this is very fitting either way :wink:

1 Like

I forgot to mention that the only side effect to these treatments is that the skin on people who recover turns a bit orange-ish and they chant USA in their sleep.

3 Likes

From amongst the weeds to President of the United States touting as a cure.

This is where we are now, I guess.

He certainly shouldn’t have claimed it was a cure, but people hospitalized due to this virus should have the ability to take this if they so choose.

and if he didn’t talk about its promising results you’d be complaining he was withholding information keeping people sick.

3 Likes

Should the President of the United States be touting ANY medicines in this crisis or should he wait for opinion from the experts who work for him in the FDA or CDC?

2 Likes

where do you think he got his information from?

1 Like