China Launches 2nd Type 075 LHD for the PLAN

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2020/04/china-launches-2nd-type-075-lhd-for-the-plan/

Another amphibious assault ship. China is getting its pieces in play for the eventual invasion of Taiwan.

The question of whether China will invade Taiwan is not if, but when.

China could have the capability as soon as 2023 and likely will have the capability by 2025.

Didn’t their first one catch fire less than two weeks ago?

Yes, but that likely won’t set them back more than a few months.

I know. Just saying.

Never trust a Navy…

… … … … … … … That has Army in the name.
.WW, PHS

1 Like

There was a whole side argument about it a while ago, that got surprisingly heated, but yeah it’s a little weird, but whatever, our air force was the army air force for a while. Which sounds weird now.

It is kind of confusing.

The People’s Liberation Army refers to the entire military establishment. The People’s Liberation Army Ground Forces refers to their actual army. :smile:

I’m waiting for “Space Marines”.
.WW, PHS

Do we not have that yet?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1027586174448218113

I just want to mention that to this day over a year and a half later, in meetings sometimes when there’s a weird pause or we’re considering how to do something, or resigned to something that has to happen, someone will say “Space Force all the way!” And we laugh. A lot.

Hi Safiel. Just interested in your view on this. It’s repeatedly said that our aircraft carriers are sitting ducks for modern missiles if we ever go against a modern air force/navy. This would also apply to our amphibious ships. Would this not also apply to China’s amphibious ships? Especially these larger ones in a full blown modern war? And along those lines, I found this story today interesting:

Not sure if this is the correct response to these concerns about China.

Hopefully Chinese quality remains consistent in all of this?

1 Like