China agrees to a new trade deal

Haha, Senate panel blocks Trump’s offer to ease sanctions on ZTE. They might grow a set of balls after all.

Good.

The Senate Banking Committee approved an amendment in an overwhelming and bipartisan 23-2 vote that would block Trump from easing sanctions on ZTE without first certifying to Congress that the company is complying with U.S. law.

You may not realize this but this will strengthens the hands of American negotiators.

Smart move on senate part. But you will view this as a thumb into Trump eye.

This helps mostly European luxury car makers.

US manufactures already make market suitable cars in China.

Do you ever know what you’re talking about?

Does this mean the senate is starting a trade war?..

No, it means the Senate is looking out for our national security, which is something Trump clearly was not doing with his desire to save ZTE.

No…what the senate did on bipartisan vote is strengthen Trump hands.

And that’s good. Also it’s not just Trump…but the senate involvement. Which BTW is their job.

or … maybe it was his desire to give us Americans tremendous leverage over a Chinese company.

Nice claim. Care to explain how this strengthens their hands?

good cop, bad cop?

I like it.

But libs think any trade talks starts a trade war… lol!

Couple of reasons.

One China is learning they aren’t just negotiating with Trump…and that they have the senate to contend with.

And finally Trump team can go back and no can do…what else can you offer to convince em to change their support.

Again I know you’re going to make this about Trump…but this is a good thing IMO.

That’s crap. The senate is preventing Trump from giving away US high tech secrets which is what ZTE needs to survive and China needs to help advance it’s military.

1 Like

Yes. They know it was long time coming…they just resent it is Trump that’s doing it.

They wish they did it themselves.

1 Like

Yes, it is a good thing that the Senate cares more about our national security than Trump does.

Having the senate involvement is a good thing…after all it is their job to be involved.

And the fact that this was bipartisan is even better.

I see the quote tag does not work the same way in this forum…oh well, no edit.

OK…just can’t stop trolling so I’ll ignore you now.

Trump wants a deal so bad he was ready to give them anything they wanted in the ZTE thing to get something done. Good thing the senate put a stop to it.

How am I trolling? What did I say that was untrue?

specifically what secrets is Trump providing to them? How are his actions leading to the unauthorized disclosure of our high tech secrets?