China agrees to a new trade deal

And? So it should be easy to disprove his claims. Have at it champ. What did he say that was incorrect?

I would have to agree Trump deserves credit for this. The debacle was clearly a result of his incoherent thinking, and inability to manage the situation, his advisors, or just about anything.

1 Like

We didn’t pull our tariff leverage, it was suspended while negotiations are going on.

The U.S. suspended its threat to put tariffs on $150 billion in imports of Chinese goods while negotiations with China continue, but President Donald Trump could still impose the tariffs if a deal between the two countries doesn’t progress, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/treasury-secretary-says-u-s-china-have-suspended-tariffs-1526908176

You call others on this forum of being dishonest when you yourself are being dishonest.

Now I think that was bad tactic but again I’m not at the negotiation table.

Heh…that is actually a pretty fair point. I stand corrected. :wink:

You are correct. I was wrong, it is a temporary suspension.

Typical Conan troll work at play, immediately resorting to name calling and personal attacks. :roll_eyes:

I agree it was a bad tactic. Among many other huge problems, such as the fact that none of our negotiators even seem to be on the same page with one another. We are getting worked over right now because of the horrible leadership of Trump. Let’s hope for us all there is some miracle that occurs, and things improve on this front, and we actually get a good deal out of this. Because right now it is looking pretty dire.

The Great Negotiator. ROFLOL

I love the last paragraph:

“The page of Mr. Trump’s book that stopped me in my tracks was one that might be the one by which he will ultimately be judged: “You can’t con people, at least not for long. You can create excitement, you can do wonderful promotion and get all kinds of press, and you can throw in a little hyperbole. But if you don’t deliver the goods, people will eventually catch on.”

Very true.”

1 Like

What do you call someone who makes threats but is too scared to follow through with them?

that the two countries never expected to reach an agreement and merely planned to issue a statement laying out next steps.

:joy:

Sheer ineptitude on the part of Team Trump. So sad that these clowns are only good at ****ing things up.

1 Like

You were the that accused called another poster of being dishonest did you not?

When I pointed out that you were doing the same thing.

Now I think possible mistake of some on this negotiation team is trying to get this done before mid term election.

Negotiation like this shouldn’t be on a time line IMO.

Now I’m only speculating.

I"m here now am I not?

Thread like this a person needs to wait as more information comes out. We might be returning to this half a year later.

You never wait for more information to come out before making a troll tread? Why should anyone else?

Worry about yourself.

The fact you immediately engage in personal attacks says more about you than anyone else here. It is part of your new troll persona you’ve decided to embrace. It is also why you are seeing fewer and fewer people reply to you Conan.

And no, I was not being dishonest. We did pull our tariffs off of the negotiating table. That was leverage we gave away. And yes, it is true that it was a suspension, as I admitted. Not that I expect you to see the difference here.

I think you are right, and I am in agreement here.

Also, this is an interesting article that likely needs to be addressed by Trump during these negotiations. But I doubt it will be. Also, note this is not a problem that began with Trump. But it is something that should be resolved immediately.

This has been my pet peeve of mine for a long time now. This needs to end today, but sadly we been selling, giving away technology for last two decade. From solid fuel tech to missile guidance system disguised on putting satellites in orbit.

BTW…do you remember who sold and allowed them that technology?

I agree, and it is reaching critical mass now where our national security is being risked. Congress is moving too slow in my opinion, and this needs to be added in to the negotiations with China, in my opinion as well.

Are you talking about Bill Clinton’s approval of technology transfers to China back in '99? If so, then yes, I remember that well and was furious then also. And it has only gotten worse over the last 2 decades.

I wanted Bush to do something about it…but he sold out as well.

Then you start looking who is funding their campaigns…Obama and Hillary included. Companies with strong ties to China.

Enough blame to go around all four corners of this country for the sell out.

1 Like

We are in agreement. And it is high time for Congress to finish their work on this front and act. As I said before, this is a real threat to our national security.

Their is old saying about capitalist. Capitalist will sell the rope to hang himself with.

Lets be clear here…China is a authoritative Communist goverment that’s using capitalism to bury America.

This is nothing to do about improving the lives of Chinese citizens.

Hell they still use the Hammer sickle communist symbol.

They have millions of political prisoners which they refuse to allow UN and other international human rights agencies to visit those sites for condition etc.It’s a brutal regime.

We sold out those principle…and thus biggest failure of our time.

Henry Kissinger greatest scam on America.

I’ll just say that his previous work has been shown to be completely wrong… although Libs no doubt would parrot his very words.

His “experience” supporting Obama’s lib ideology in Iran, Palestinian-israeli conflicts, and Syria has led to a disaster in the Mideast. Also… he is an expert in Mideast negotiations? And Chinese negotiations? Amazing. Amazing but not a credible claim.

But lap it up lib. He is criticizing Trump and that will make him an expert in all lib minds.

Got it. You cannot challenge the message, so you challenge the messenger. By far one of the weakest debate strategies known. Color me shocked it is all you have here. And only serves to reinforce the notion that he was accurate in his description of events.

China is cutting the car tariff from 25 to 15%, Not bad Trump!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-22/china-is-said-to-cut-car-import-duty-in-boost-for-lexus-bmw

“China Makes Massive Cut to Car Tariffs After Truce With Trump”