China agrees to a new trade deal

That’s not true. That’s what you’re told to believe those institutions are doing their job and that’s a threat to your corrupt political leaders.

1 Like

Step back and look at Walmart’s customers…how many are now needing some sort of public assistance and ask yourself if that was the case when Sam Walton began this franchise? Let me help you, Sam bragged about his products that he sold were American made. Now…“we” are going broke. Do you really not understand that? Is it happening so slowly, you can’t see it or are you in denial?

Get back to me after the IG report is released. Maybe you’ll believe Horowitz more?

We aren’t going broke. We are wealthier then we ever have been.

Have you seen his report?

You look at a few individuals where I look at the average person…but thanks.

Nope but I saw what was right in front of you who didn’t see anything and told you what I saw almost two years ago. Now the IG is investigating that and I look forward to reading his conclusions.

I don’t engage in class warfare like you. All I see are opportunities. Stop being so jealous of the wealthy and start working hard, maybe you’ll achieve success. That’s my message.

Just for the record, I’m a multi-millionaire who spends more on others than myself. Why…money doesn’t buy happiness and I’m very happy. I apply my resources to assist the “needs” of others. I don’t choose to satisfy wants. What I “want” is a level playing field for my fellow Americans and an economy that will assist them in that endeavor.

If you donate so much to the needs of others then why are there still poor people? You should stop trapping the poor with your handouts and causing them to learn dependency on charity. Life isn’t fair. People have to work hard to succeed, not take handouts.

You are talking about something entirely different.

Our discussion is simply about the effect of trade deficits on an economy or company. And teh question isn’t wether ‘we’ - the US government - are going broke or if the american consumer is going broke - we were discussing wether the people with the trade deficit are.

Instead of walmart, let’s discuss Apple, or even Ivanka Trump’s cloth lines…or really just about any american brand…

Apple buys iPhones from Chinese factories that produce them for them. Trump buys clothes. They run trade deficits with China - do you think they are going broke?

(These other issues you are bringing up…great fodder for discussion, but they have little to do with trade deficits. By all means, start a thread about the fact that Walmart’s work force is on food stamps…I’ll join in. It’s just not germane to your claim that trade deficits are making ‘us’ broke.)

I believe that the Boy Scouts are a positive male influence on our young males. I believe that death affects us all evenly and so I promote a non-profit hospice. I believe children should get outside and play and so I sponsor baseball, softball, soccer, wrestling…teams for our youth. I believe in education and will help the teachers who are giving strong efforts to promote the Beta clubs or 4-H or other after school activities. What I attempt to address are the building blocks of what lies ahead to help make a better tomorrow for all while helping our youth today.

Sounds like you’re funding wants, not needs. Games for children sound nice, but that’s hardly a need.

And to answer your larger insinuation - unfounded though it is - that buying chinese products has destroyed the american middle class. - that’s silly.

What has broken the middle class is weaker labor laws, lower wages, refusal to raise the minimum wage, union busting legislation, spiraling health care costs, and a tax code that favors teh wealthy.

If, for example, a Walmart worker was paid - by walmart - a true living wage, we the american tax payers would not have to pay for their food and shelter and health care. That worker would be able to provide for his.her family, and would be more active in our economy.

But that is true wether or not that worker is selling goods made in china with or without a trade deficit.

Lol. If gm and Ford increases sales and our a dent in the trade deficit. I will gladly admit i am wrong. I have never had a problem doing that before. Meanwhile i am waiting on this drip

A level playing field? Bad bootstrapper! Bad!

Yeah…heart disease and obesity is a real positive.

You are a short term thinker who is blind to the long term and that’s fine. It’s your bed.

So am I my friend. So am I.

I want everyone to give their best efforts and I tend to save my ridicule for those that I deem are not. Those that are and fall short, I tend to extend my hand as “we” all should.