China agrees to a new trade deal

see → sent, no edit!

Ah, so you believe Trump is not a liar, is not sleazy, and is a very moral man? Is that your contention? :thinking:

libs do that all the time. They think it proves Trump is a hypocrite. It proves Trump’s policies are independent of the businesses in which he and his family have interest … just like he promised.

Libs hate that.

Good job Mr. President. China promised and it looks like China is delivering on their promise to reduce import tarriffs in exchange for the pause in the trade war.

More importantly i would like to congratulate luxury imports like bmw, Porsche, and Mercedes Benz in being able to import more of their vehicles as the tarriffs drops.

Meanwhile American companies can continue to ramp up their production of cars they already build in China and sell to the Chinese… wait… what?

The main issue here, IMO, is, the trade deficit thing is a made up issue.

Everyone talks about trade deficits like they are some evil that hurts our countries GDP or adds to our debt. They are not. They simply mean we buy more from them than they do from us. and for us, we are talking about private companies…

We are NEVER going to have equal trade with china. It’s just not going to happen. And this “trade deficit” has been a big help to our economy - Chinese goods allowed our retail expansion. Basically created Walmart, target, Home Depot etc…etc…Made hundreds of billionaires in the US.

Now, please don’t misconstrue my remarks as complete support of our current economic situation. Personally, I hate big box retail for a whole host of reasons, including the damage they have done to small town character, and the drain they put on our resources by under paying their work force.

But to say that the fact that we buy a lot of stuff from China is in and of itself, bad, is silly.

Now, the intellectual property stuff…that we should be fighting tooth and nail for.

1 Like

My contention is what I said and you proved.

Again this was the exact play you guys had with Iran. You are just not willing to admit to it t

You avoided the question. I stated Trump is a lying, sleazy, immoral politician. You state that because I view him that way, it means I have some sort of deranged view of the man, implying you disagree with my charges.

So again I’ll ask. Do you believe Trump is not a liar? That he is not sleazy? And that he is moral?

China loves a Buick and yes, the Envision is built there. The Encore is built in South Korea. The Enclave is built in Michigan. The Lacrosse is built in Kansas City. The Regal is built in Germany. As you can see, you didn’t tell the whole truth and didn’t give credit where it’s due. I’m shocked.

I’ve answered that question many times here and if you can’t remember the answer, you’ll forget it tomorrow anyways so I’m not doing it again. Now back to the subject, if you remove your TDS blinders, you’ll be able to see the truth more clearly.

It’s very revealing that I am asking you a direct question and you’re refusing to provide a direct response. Which makes your accusations against me ring quite hollow.

If you spend more than you make, slowly…your wealth is drained. I’m not going to wait for our economy to be so drained that even you can see it. I don’t care if you can’t understand it. I do care about the future of the generations that are yet to be born.

Now comfort yourself in that and we’ll try again some other time when even you can see that this is a subject worth giving kudos.

Not every car that is manufactured by a car maker is sold in a particular market. If you don’t believe me tell me how many Honda Brio or Tourer you have seen on US streets.

1. Trade with China is one part of our economy. Not the whole thing.

2. Walmart - for example - has an incredibly huge ‘trade deficit’ with china. They buy billions a month from china and china buys virtually nothing from them. Do you think Walmart is going broke because they have a trade deficit with china?

3. Trade with china isn’t a federal endeavor. This isn’t OUR money being spent with China - it’s private corp money. It’s not draining our money.

There is no comfort in seeing what you, and other Trump sycophants are doing in the name of this man. Your facade of claiming your support was only intended to stick it to the establishment, is in reality a means to use him to do long term damage to our nation’s institutions. To attack American patriots. To give a platform to alternative facts. You are so dug in supporting this politician that you’re even willing to give him praise on an issue that fellow Trumpists are questioning. Yet, you accuse me of holding a deranged viewpoint of him. It’s bizarre to say the least.

Oh…great comeback.

Walmart isn’t going broke because so many got screwed by NAFTA in the long run that affected the dollars of their income that are now focused on saving pennies at Walmart in the short run. I’m not wired that way. I choose to look way out because every day, that tomorrow is getting closer to becoming today. You may not understand this but I’ll know by your response?

I am attacking our nation’s institutions because they were being misused to perpetuate a political agenda. That goes against what I stand for my friend. Now…I’ll answer your question. If you remember, long ago, I referred to Trump as my “personal suppository and that I’m injecting him into the anus of the United States called DC”. Nothing has changed but now I’m watching a plan come together and it excites me.

Huh? We aren’t talking about the morality of big box retailing. We are discussing trade deficits.

Keep it simple please - you claimed that the trade deficit from China was going to make us go broke.

Walmart has a trade deficit with china. They are not going broke. Quite the opposite.

They are buying cheap goods from China and making a profit selling them in their stores. They do not sell anything back to china.

This example proves your claim is wrong.

Trade deficits aren’t like ‘the deficit’. They are just a metric of trade between countries.

Furthermore it isn’t the United States’s money that is being used - it is private corporations buying and selling goods.

1 Like