China agrees to a new trade deal

Notice China didn’t agree to a specific amount. On Friday, Trump’s top economic adviser, Larry Kudlow, was telling reporters that the Chinese had agreed to reduce the deficit by “at least” $200 billion. China quickly denied that, and, a day later, the official statement didn’t have a concrete number, a seeming victory for the Chinese.

^^^^^^^^^^ a perfect example of looking for the negative in something positivie ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Stupid libs and their negative responses to this great news.

Reaction to the announcement was mostly negative, even among people who are usually Trump allies. Dan DiMicco, a former steel CEO who has been a big supporter of Trump’s steel and aluminum tariffs, tweeted shortly after the statement came out, “Not good enough. Time to take the gloves off.” He followed that up with: “Did [the] president just blink? China and friends appear to be carrying the day.” Fox Business host Lou Dobbs summed up the situation this way: “Chinese say ‘no deal.’ ”
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) tweeted, “Why do U.S. officials always fall for China trickery?” Wall Street Journal trade reporter Bob Davis tweeted that the big takeaway is: “Trump administration gets rolled by the Chinese.”

Especially Lou Dobbs. Biggest lib of them all, amirite!! :rofl:

That is the truth. And there is nothing positive here at all to speak of. Vague generalities without any specifics is not a win in any rational persons book.

Why don’t you tell us, specifically, where is the huge victory here that libs like Lou Dobbs and Marco Rubio are seemingly overlooking?

How long has Trump been at it? Obama was POTUS for 8 years, why did he do nothing except let the problem exacerbate under his watch? I applaud the attempt and it’s easy to see that anything that reduces the deficit is a positive for all of us. I admonish those that work against the efforts that are to benefit our nation.

“Not good enough”? Does that not clearly state that progress is being made? The spin though is a negative one. Thanks for proving my point.

Nice try at a subject change, but you’re not getting off that easy.

You admonished “libs” for overlooking the great victory here. Back it up my friend. What is the specific victory achieved here? Why can’t Lou Dobbs, one of the biggest Trump cultists on air, see the same victory as you are seeing?

I’m not looking for a win in a week. It’s taken years to get to where “we” are. What I want now is first…recognize there’s a problem. Second…identify what it is we are trying to accomplish. Third…get it done. I see all three steps as a work in progress and all you see is what’s still left undone. My, my…why didn’t you “feel” this way when Obama was POTUS. I guess it’s called “evolving” in lib speak?

:roll_eyes:

Seriously? Selectively choosing one small part of a quote to try and prove your point. How disingenuous of you. What did the rest of the quote from DiMicco state? Here, I’ll help…

A huge Trump supporter questioning whether the President just got his bluff called. Hardly the same as what you pretended it was.

1 Like

The victory is that China is now talking. They are being made aware that there’s a problem. They are responding to it and the negotiations are under way. That’s a success. Doing NOTHING is not and that’s been the problem during the Clinton, Bush and Obama Administrations.

Moving goalposts again are we? Boring.

You admonished libs for failing to recognize the victory here. I’m still waiting for you to tell us what the great win is that everyone is overlooking. So, specifically, what did Trump win in these negotiations?

That’s right. That’s what he said. He wants Trump to get even rougher with them. That tells you that Trump is negotiating and BTW…how did you “feel” about Trump’s tariffs? Were you like the guy saying, take the gloves off like the way you’re behind him right now?

The victory is China is talking to us? Um…I don’t even know how to respond. Okay I guess. Great win. We talked to China. Woo hoo!!

Here…let me admonish you again. You don’t give ANY credit for the effort being made right now on yours and the rest of the country’s behalf. Shame, for shame for shame.

It isn’t a win yet but it’s progress and yes, I definitely applaud that. You go Trump!

I bet Ivanka must be really happy with this “win”

https://goo.gl/images/5JyJft

so we see that libs’ tactics evolve:

• Trump is doing nothing. He does not care about the forgotten man.
  • Trump will create a trade war !!!
  • Ahhhhhhh… Trump’s decision is hurting the forgotten man.
  • Trump does not know how to negotiate.
  • Well… China is just pretending to negotiate.
  • We will have to wait and see because no one knows. (unlike their earlier tactic of scaring because they KNEW Trump’s decisions were bad)

Every try to catch a snake? Shifting, squirming, striking… how similar! Watch it continue.

1 Like

Dude…you do understand that what you just proved is that even though Trump’s negotiations may financially hurt his daughter, he’s still moving forward. Thanks for posting that.

I’ll give credit if and when it is deserved. And right now, for just talking, and seemingly relinquishing our leverage for no specific returns, is a far cry from victory. As noted by many Trump supporters who have also reacted negatively to the current state of negotiations.

If the roles were different, and it was Obama, you would be in agreement with me. But because of it being Trump, you somehow are blinded to reality and are desperate to lavish praise on the man when it makes no sense to do so.

That is the key difference between us here. I’m not beholden to anything other than truth and reality. You’re beholden to a lying, sleazy, immoral politician. That my friend is the true shame.

So China is negotiating with Mnuchin, a TV economist, and a protectionist that has been locked out of the room. Trump’s own team can’t even agree on trade policy, and we expect them to get a good deal out of China?

China likely sent economics experts while Trump see the Three Stooges.

The key difference between us is…TDS and the “lying, sleazy, immoral” makes the case clear.