China agrees to a new trade deal

No details have emerged, so it’s all up for grabs.

China will happily reduce the trade deficit to keep engaging in certain practices. Hell, they’d pay you even more if you withdrew from SE. Asia altogether.

We are not withdrawing…what is it with libs?

Are they lacking the ability to see larger picture?

If they deliver on their promises then it would be great for America but it’s funnny that China only promising to do things is good. Iran only promising to do things is bad.

Oh, know no trade war. What’s a libby going to do?

Don’t know. Their doomsday scenario hasn’t unfolded the way they envision it.

But again there world is collapsing all around em.

It was all trade war all the time around here. You’d think the dem would get tired of flying off the handle and being made to look like fools later. or just sick of being fooled by their media… But, no.

They aren’t smart enough to realize they’re being played but their masters.

Their hatred towards middle America doesn’t allow them to see the bigger picture…so it makes them easy targets for mental molestation.

Mentally molested…lol, perfect…

''China has called President Trump’s bluff.

Chinese negotiators left Washington this weekend with a significant win: a willingness by the Trump administration to hold off for now on imposing tariffs on up to $150 billion in Chinese imports. China gave up little in return, spurning the administration’s nudges for a concrete commitment to buy more goods from the United States, and avoiding limits on its efforts to build new high-tech Chinese industries.’’

Trump just got played.

We can have 3% unemployment, record higher stock markets / 401K, peace with a denuclearized N. Korea, and we lose most of our trade deficit with China, and there will still be the same people around here who will hate Trump, and never acknowledge the good policies he has implemented

How so? The negotiations and conversations are still ongoing.

If Obama was the president and this was going on, I’d dare say you would not be so pessimistic and predicting the worst.

Obama wouldn’t be threatening a trade war. And we’d be in the TPP, which is much to our benefit.

Which is why we have a huge trade deficit, why N. Korea never offered peace and to denuclearize, because Obama stuck to the same old failed playbook of Clinton and the Bushs.

You didn’t read the NYT article did you. :roll_eyes:

Unemployment is 3.9%, stocks markets are not at records highs, N. Korea is not denuclearized AND we have not improved our trade agreement with China. You were saying?

We’re always going to have a high trade deficit. We buy a lot of ■■■■■

Lib response to this great news…“mumble, mumble, Trump, negative, he called her Miss Piggy…mumble, mumble, negative, negative…”.

I don’t care if Trump does anything positive for the country, the lib responses are always the same. What’s cool is that even average joe libs are catching on and starting to board the Trump train. Keep it up libs, the election is right around the corner and you’re burying yourselves in your negative rhetoric and lies that do nothing more than hurt our country.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2018/05/20/china-is-winning-trumps-trade-war/

I’ll believe it when I see it, was the real point of the OP. Looks like for now China is kicking our tails in trade negotiations. Not surprising really, that we are losing, considering who is President. I hope for the sake of our country he stumbles into some victories for us. But I am less than optimistic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/beijing-nuclear-capable-bombers-in-south-china-sea-send-message-to-us-others-2018-5

There is so much more at play here as well. Not that I expect Trump to be capable of understanding any of this, let alone incorporate it into his negotiation strategy. He is so far over his head it is ridiculous.

Response to what great news? Even fellow Republicans and Trump supporters concede we are not winning the trade negotiations with China. They have given up nothing, while we have pulled our tariff leverage off the table. Not too mention the fact we never did label them a currency manipulator. So what is the big win here that you are admonishing libs for?

1 Like