China agrees to a new trade deal

Looks like they really want that trade deal…

Sounds like he’s still going to get some pushback from Congress on this.

Good

The Chinese kicked trumps ass.

The great negotiator turns out to be rubbish.

Allan

Yeppers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/congress-threatens-to-block-deal-between-white-house-china-to-save-telecom-giant-zte/2018/05/25/1db326ba-604a-11e8-9ee3-49d6d4814c4c_story.html?utm_term=.a65ba95d7615

This makes it more difficult to Trump to negotiate a deal. The most important thing in any negotiation is to make sure you are negotiating with the decision maker. This is the second time Congress has stopped Trump from working with China.

The senate is suppose to have a say…which it’s a good idea IMO. It actually strengthen the presidents hands in negotiations.

Which is why Obama deal with Iran was so bad.

No, his hand is not being strengthened, it’s being spanked.

1 Like

It sounds like he needs to get some kind of approval from Congress before he negotiates with China, in this instance.

As he should. It is senate role to be involved.

You know nothing about negotiations…and I’m sure as hell not going to explain it to you.

But remember this. The senate has a role to play…the way it was intended by our Constitution.

Once you figure that ou them maybe…just maybe you see how it strengthen Trump hands.

And we’re to believe you do know something about negotiations?

So tell us, you keep making the claim that this strengthens his hand. Explain.

ZTE keeps coming up. It seems China really wants this. If Trump & team cannot offer anything to help ZTE because the Senate will not allow it, then it seems they will be at an impasse.

Enlighten us, grand ol’ negotiator!

1 Like

To get the senate approval any deal with China has to go through them.

Now who does the senate suppose to represent?

What were their purpose?

Come on now think for once in your life.

Maybe @NebraskaFootball can help you out since he liked your post so much but education you on role of the senate. :wink:

It’s quite telling how you’re avoiding explaining how this strengthens Trump’s hand in these negotiations. I wonder why that is exactly? :thinking:

You still seems to be missing the picture here. The Senate already warned Trump that there would be no deal with ZTE, and yet they pushed forward with a proposal anyway. That just tells China that the Trump team is clueless.

Tell us, how does this strengthen Trump’s hand?

1 Like

Well then maybe you’re not a smart as you think. In any foriegn trade agreement or treaty they’re negotiating with 101 people…not just one individual.

So when the senate rejects the offer Trump can go back and say no can do…what else do you want to offer?

Maybe if your Messiah had done that we would have better deal with Iran…don’t you think?

Still waiting for you to explain how this strengthens, I’ll repeat, STRENGTHENS, Trump’s hand in negotiatons. Are you going to try to explain it or not?

Simple Math…try it sometimes.

As I suspected. You’ve got nothing because there is no strengthening of Trump’s hand here. This weakened him in these negotiations.