China agrees to a new trade deal

Is English your first language? Maybe sacrifice has different connotations in your native language Comrade.

in many ways, it is the opposite. In some ways you are correct. It depends on what you want. The most freedom I’ve ever had was when I had nothing but the clothes on my back.
But true… with added responsibility comes a need for money to be able to meet that responsibility…

It’s a metaphor and is not universally true. The constitution was not written to ensure every man has money. It was written to ensure his freedom. Save your metaphors for a social or spiritual philosophy thread.

Yet those are just words…and the only guaranteed way to achieve those ends in America is with $$.

Smyrna’s employees should have achieved their share of the pie under Obama-that’s not a bad thing. And they didn’t have to lose freedom to achieve that.

…sounds like a progressive liberal judge reading the constitution.

Having access to these people and what’s in it for them to train you? In my case, training me, made them a lot of money. Keep in mind that while all of this was going on, I personally observed thousands of people crash and burn trying to accomplish the same thing.

You keep dancing around the question.

Is there anything that prevents people from accessing training from “the best of the best”?

Yes. They must first be willing to invest their time in you and before that’s done, there’s a grueling test of your ability that they are able to observe and decide whether or not the time that they’d have to invest, would be a waste of time.

I was not commenting on the NYT article, so you can roll your eyes all you like.

But the answer to your question was there.

So all it takes to be trained by the best of the best is willingness and motivation?

Doesn’t really sound like there’s any problem with that to me.

…as thousands and thousands and thousands have failed.

What question was that? I commented on how the negotiations are still ongoing, so how can conclusions as to their outcome be decided?

So you weren’t blessed with anything, were you. You had not special advantages or privileges. You just demonstrated determination and hard work.

That’s what you’re saying now.

You see…connecting the dots isn’t as easy as you implied. I’ve had an exchange with you now over several posts, all discussing the same thing and you still can’t grasp it all.

I grasp it just fine. The problem is a contradictory impression of one’s self.

Once again…your faulty interpretation on display. That’s alright though, you’ve got me.:sunglasses:

Nope. I see more about people than they can see about themselves. You’ve demonstrated something common among those who have become successful.

You say you were lucky but then you also say you succeeded only because of hard work.

Trump said they aren’t going as well as he anticipated, what more do you want.

Allan

…and you say things of one who doesn’t understand…it’s all those things. If though, I were to name the number one positive factor in the equation, it would be my choice of a wife. She’s everything I’m not so I’m sure you’d like her too.

Too see what the trade negotiations conclude with.