China agrees to a new trade deal

And to take large chunk of trad deficit.

A White House official said China had offered to work to cut its trade deficit with the U.S. by $200 billion, while stressing that any details remained unclear. But China’s Foreign Ministry denied that any such offer had been made.

So it’s still not clear China is on board according to Chinese official but it seems China willingness to work with Trump administration to reduce the deficit and to end intelectual thief of American tech…I’ll believe that when I see it.

So libs. What do you think? Do you agree it was long time coming or are you going to insist undermining American companies?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Sound like China

Not going to do anything

Seems a little vague.

What steps is China going to take?

Allan

“There was a consensus on taking effective measures to substantially reduce the United States trade deficit in goods with China,” the White House said, in what it described as a joint statement with China.

The White House also said China would “significantly increase purchases” of U.S. goods and services to help America’s economic growth and to meet its own growing consumption needs, in an apparent effort to avoid an international trade war.

Among the primary focuses of the consensus: an agreement to expand trade in manufactured goods and services, increase U.S. agriculture and energy exports, and protect both countries’ intellectual property laws.

So next step is US sending a team to China.

So will see.

Why would I want things to fail? I’m not you

2 Likes

Is this your expert opinion or are you hoping that Trump will fail?

What is the point of the OP? Fox lied about something?

:rofl:

10 characters

Like you said, lib…wait and see.

Seems like with all the lib naysayers even NYSlime have admitted that China cannot survive leaving some Chinese bemoaning that their country is not technologically strong enough to survive without the United States.

But it also caution Trump that this is one time deal, and that China may not negotiate another one later.

This is actually a pretty fair and balance article from NYSlime.

It’ll be great if it happens. Looks promising. When an actual deal is agreed upon, signed and implemented by both countries, we’ll find out.

Exactly seeing is believing in this case.

Anyone can promise anything.

I am skeptical until otherwise proven.

Allan

This is from Yahoo…yesterday.

Where first time a top Chinese agreeing to conditions.

Thing it’s not just trade imbalance but intellectual thief. Some say the value was greater then trade imbalance but not sure how you can realistically measure it.

Vice-Premier Liu He, who led Chinese negotiators in Washington said: “The two sides reached a consensus, will not fight a trade war, and will stop increasing tariffs on each other,” state-run news agency Xinhua reported Sunday.

Liu called the agreement a “necessity”, but added: “At the same time it must be realised that unfreezing the ice cannot be done in a day, solving the structural problems of the economic and trade relations between the two countries will take time.”

I wonder if China is trying to get out in front of any NK deals.

Not sure, but interesting point.

IMO those are two separate issues that don’t really have any ties with one another.

So they should be negotiated independently.

You believe China, lib?

I agree about there being separate negotiations, just musing as to whether China is getting ahead of the ball with trade concessions now rather than after an impoverished country is/may be brought into trade deals with the US.

I believe that’s valid point, but let expand on that. As US negotiate with other Asian nations like those that’s within TPP.

Now I didn’t support TPP…and still don’t because I believe large trade agreements make it less mobile…specially with fast changing technology.

I think that’s a greater threat to China then NK trade. I’m not sure how much NK can dip into China profit.

Economic boom in SE Asian will challenge China in South China sea…which IMO is needed.

China buys more coal and farm goods, in exchange the US lets China continue it’s shenanigans re: intellectual property and tech spying.

That’d be my guess.

I guess you haven’t been reading up on this too much.

It’s not just trade imbalance, These talks are also centered around intellectual and property rights.

Read the links I’ve posted.