Children in Florida school encouraged to write graffiti on bathroom walls

From john’s link:

"The bathrooms aren’t the only thing that’s being painted around the school. Teachers and the principal, Badonna Dardis, started a few years back painting quotes and murals on walls in the hallways. She said they usually paint on early release days.

“We’re here seven to eight hours a day. We want it to be home. We want kids to love the environment and want to be with us every day and learn in a loving, caring, and beautiful environment,” said Principal Dardis. "

Sounds like an awesome school!

I know! The children are now taught its ok to write on bathroom walls.

JWK
Karl Marx popularized the word “capitalism” __ a word unknown to our founders’ __ to attack the free market system our founders created. Why do so many talking heads refer to our system as “capitalism” rather than a free market system which our founders created? Do they despise the word “free’ like Marx did?

And the walls in the halls, with the school’s permission. Imagine that, it’s not 1960 anymore.

With permission, yes!

Again cite proof they are being taught its ok.

No they are not.

I couldn’t find anything under Title XLVI CRIMES, Chapter 806 of Florida’s laws allowing teachers to give the ok to students to engage in graffiti.

(1)(a) A person commits the offense of criminal mischief if he or she willfully and maliciously injures or damages by any means any real or personal property belonging to another, including, but not limited to, the placement of graffiti thereon or other acts of vandalism thereto.

I guess you missed where I said it was a joke.

Take the gloves off, man. It’s OK to smile.

The fact that the kids were given permission to paint in the bathrooms, is really throwing you. If somebody spray paints on the walls of my house, that’s graffiti. If I give someone permission to paint the walls of my house, there’s no crime. It isn’t that difficult to figure out.

1 Like

Where do teachers get authority to allow students to paint bathroom walls? The school is not owned by the teachers. It’s public property!

JWK

Oh good lord.

You are just being obtuse.

Where do teachers get authority to allow students to paint bathroom walls? The school is not owned by the teachers. It’s public property!

JWK

JWK

The ■■■■■■■ school board and superintendent .

The school board and superintendent approved of this? LINK?

This thread is hilarious. There is nothing resembling graffiti in the OP.

3 Likes

Painting artwork on school walls is an appropriate use of public property. My library and city hall have the same types of painted artwork.

Per your link they’ve been doing this for years. The school board and/or the superintendent obviously don’t have a problem with it. Neither does anyone else on this forum. Perhaps some introspection is in order.

By definition, it isn’t graffiti so the teachers didn’t allow them to write graffiti.

The school board and superintendent “obviously” approved of this? LINK?

What happens when these grade school students write their messages on the walls of a movie theater’s bathroom? Is this not what they are being taught to do?

JWK