Children in Florida school encouraged to write graffiti on bathroom walls

You’re the only one calling it graffiti.

Are you speaking to me?

No. To OP.

1 Like

I showed it to my fiance, who has her Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Art and Illustration and makes money off her art work (imagine that.) She’s still shaking her head.

We have some good women then huh?

1 Like

very insightful thread…

@vaard

Yeah…insightful indeed.

Absolutely.

Oh! I get it now. Teaching children in grade school to not deface public property is a violation of their “free speech” rights. Who would have known?

:roll_eyes:

JWK

Border patrol agents apprehended more than 100,000 people trying to enter the country illegally in just October and November of last year. LINK

Man, you are losing this argument so massively. But please keep digging. Cane shaking, cloud screaming indignation is incredibly entertaining. I hope you do take the time Monday to go down to your closest school and berate the principal for whatever graffiti they’ve chosen to display.

It was a class project. The didn’t deface anything.

God forbid they have a mural on a wall somewhere.

You must be a hoot at parties.

3 Likes

Sure. Portraits of presidents in schools is pretty common. I’d have no trouble with a mural with Trump. It would be a bit weird in the girl’s bathroom though.

2 Likes

Thank you for your opinion. But when I went to school, we were taught to not write on the bathroom walls, and doing so was defacing property. Those caught were punished! What changed? Nitwit teachers, most of whom could not pass college entrance exams of the 1950-60s, but are real good at propagandizing the minds of innocent children.

JWK

In every communist dictatorial oppressive country, like Cuba, the people are disarmed. Forewarned is forearmed.

There is a difference between illicit graffiti, and being given express permission for an art project. I also imagine, anything that went up, would also have to have gone through an approval process.

Do you not see the difference?

It isn’t graffiti. Here is the definition:

Graffiti

1. writing or drawings scribbled, scratched, or sprayed illicitly on a wall or other surface in a public place.

Note the bold. Because the school administration gave permission, it was not illicit so does not conform to the definition of graffiti.

1 Like

Plus, it looks great.

Did you ever do anything “fun” in school like art, music or sports? Serious question. As I previously stated, my fiance with introduced to art in elementary school, majored in art in college and now makes her money as an artist. I was introduced to sports in school, played football in high school and got a college scholarship to play football. There’s a lot more to school than the three R’s.

That’s beside the point according to JWK. These teachers magically implanted into these students brains that it is now ok to run around tagging everything. Stupid teachers!