Child Separation Master Persuader response to Democrat Resist movement

It is sad to see that the party of compassionate conservatives and family values is gone under Trump.

27 percent support seems high, but after all we’ve seen the last couple years, I can’t find one reason why.

But when I make that point…I’m a Liberal? That is what I don’t get about Trumpsters.

Those people are the same ones who would cheer the Nazi Concentration Camps.

Each act, each occasion, is worse than the last, but only a little worse. You wait for the next and the next. You wait for one great shocking occasion, thinking that others, when such a shock comes, will join with you in resisting somehow.

But the one great shocking occasion, when tens or hundreds or thousands will join with you, never comes. That’s the difficulty. If the last and worst act of the whole regime had come immediately after the first and smallest, thousands, yes, millions would have been sufficiently shocked — if, let us say, the gassing of the Jews in ’43 had come immediately after the ‘German Firm’ stickers on the windows of non-Jewish shops in ’33. But of course this isn’t the way it happens. In between come all the hundreds of little steps, some of them imperceptible, each of them preparing you not to be shocked by the next. Step C is not so much worse than Step B, and, if you did not make a stand at Step B, why should you at Step C? And so on to Step D.

And one day, too late, your principles, if you were ever sensible of them, all rush in upon you… [I]n my case my little boy, hardly more than a baby, saying ‘Jewish swine,’ collapses it all at once, and you see that everything, everything, has changed and changed completely under your nose.

Now you live in a system which rules without responsibility even to God. The system itself could not have intended this in the beginning, but in order to sustain itself it was compelled to go all the way.

Milton Mayer, “They Thought They Were Free: The Germans, 1933-45”

This child seperation is a winning policy for the rs.

Please continue it.

Thanks

Allan

The same for the American citizens of Japanese anscetry thrown also in concentration camps.

Most,Americans were cheering this

Or the sending back the St. Louis to Europe to keep “the Jews” out

The American masses are slobs to this day.

Allan

Good God, Kirjesten Nelson just said she doesn’t know where the Toddlers and Girls.

Jesus Christ almighty.

And the generic ballot swings hard for Democrats, giving them an average of 7% lead according to real clear politics.

How could that happen?

It doesn’t seem possible in light of all the winning.

One would expect that a master negotiator would be able to make a deal without using and inducing the suffering of children.

And then she said that the kids are not pawns. And after that she said that everything gets fixed when Congress passes what they want them to. Holy cow.

This illustrates you perfectly.

You supported Trump’s decision when you thought he offered DACA protections.

You support Trump’s decision to not provide DACA protections.

Trump can’t lose in your mind!

The only time parents and children are separated is when the parent(s) have committed a crime. Do you support American children accompanying there derelict parents to jail when they commit crimes? The high water mark of separations was 25K during the Obama administration. I won’t blame Obama for that, it was a court that decided children accompanying their parents to detention facilities was not allowed that forced the government to separate them. I will blame Obama for not doing anything to make a change in the law deciding instead to keep it all hush-hush and avoid the political embarrassment. Trump at least is willing to bring this to public view and force change. That he will use the situation to do something that will actually go a long way to solving the problem so it just doesn’t repeat itself is a good thing, even if it appears mean spirited.

1 Like

The policy separates the children even if the parents just come to a port of entry and ask for asylum. This is the new Trump policy which was announced in May.

Perhaps you have a reputable link to demonstrate this? All I have read and heard says otherwise. In point of fact, I did hear it reported just today that all these people have to do to avoid separation is comply with the law and go to a point of entry.

what procedure is used to determine that these unknown people with children are the children’s parents?

OK.

10char

Do you have a link for either of these claims?

Here is a link to a story that states the actual policy, not the made up drama queen liberal talking point policy.

"The federal government announced an immigration policy of “zero tolerance,” which means all adults who cross the border illegally between official ports of entry will be criminally prosecuted. "

This will stop when people stop dragging their children with them, to violate our immigration laws.

BTW, Trump is working within the immigration laws passed by the Congress of Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer. How may decades have they been elected to Congress. Yet, they bitch like they are just bystanders in this.

1 Like

I don’t see anything in that article that supports your claim that the high water mark of 25,000 kids that were separated from their families during Obama’s administration. I also don’t see anything in that article that points to a court decision that these families must be separated.