Chicago Postal Workers Threaten Delivery Stoppage

It’s sounds too simplistic when I type it, but I can’t see areas like the south side ever improving until the violence starts to taper off. It’s a catch-22 in terms of investment into those communities, because they’re written off as lost causes now. That’s exactly what you describe by high effort, low reward.

A low income neighborhood with gang violence? Let’s just call it a hunch :rofl:

It is also one of the the most dangerous neighborhoods in Chicago.

I’d sure like to ■■■■■■■ see that happen. Chicago is well on it’s way to becoming Detroit. The violence is starting to hit the actual loop…DOWNTOWN. This summer has been one of the most violent summers ever on the expressways and in the Loop and on the Lake Front.

Its cute that you think a little article on the roughest neighborhoods explains Chicago. It is laughable. The Mag mile, inside the loop…that is from the Ryan/Kennedy or I 94, inside to the Lake Front, has seen more violence this past year than ever before. It used to be that the violence was far south side, and near SouthWest side, outside of the Loop. Now it is from O’Hare inward, with pockets of safe spots.

I live in Lake County Indiana, and had to go to a place called Floor and Decor, this weekend. It is a chain…I could have gone to one in a place called country side…Not necessarily the most violent place but is adjacent to some rougher areas. I chose to drive 10 miles further to Lombard.

Chicago has seen 65 expressway shootings, on the major interstates going into and out of the city. Used to be you could go down town, live large til 2 am and then drive home fairly safely, not so much anymore. And it has less to do with party running it, as it has to do with the parties running the neighborhoods. I’d love to see a Republican come in and do a better job.

ya know…I had a reply almost all typed out, and then I just deleted it. Because… what would it matter.

Don’t look now but…Hillary is rubbing off on you. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

slightly better than Trump rubbing off on me… :grin: :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Did I try to explain Chicago or did I post an article relevant to crime in the neighborhood in response to the person I replied to.

My bad I thought the response was to me. Never mind