Chicago. Mayor's words. Guns and looting

Mayor Lori Lightfoot of Chicago finally came out and spoke out against the violence, looting and rioting…only after when they hit some of most prestige parts of Chicago.

Don’t you fine it odd of her saying it’s “an assault on our city”? Chicago been under assault for 2 months now.

“We are waking up in shock this morning,” Lightfoot said. “These individuals engaged in what can only be described as brazen and extensive criminal looting and destruction. And to be clear, this had nothing to do with legitimate, protected First Amendment expression.”

They’re your supporters Lightfoot. You shielded em, protected em when they were burning down Black parts of Chicago…but moment they started hitting your base financial (donors) that’s a no no.

Do Black in Chicago think she cares about them? :rofl:

1 Like

Anti gun laws could be passed at the municipal, county or state layer before getting to Trump. We’ve seen that type of argument before…doing nothing at any of the Democrat layers of government to blame the Federal government a thousand miles away.
Make it as illegal as the Supreme Court allows…in Illinois. Nobody is stopping them Of course…guess who’s going to have to enforce those new gun laws? The same people they want to defund. Or are they going to have social workers to meet with gang members to convince them its the right thing to do?

Actually, reread what I wrote. I said “they’re THEIR idiots.” As in “the are THEIR idiots.”

I had both “they’re” and “their” there.

So THERE!

:slight_smile:

Only libs (or idiots) vote for lib idiots. Absolutely true!

Curiously you implicitly agreed with my assertion that these pols are idiots. I give you a big thumbs up for that!

I stand corrected. My apologies.

In essence it’s a tit for tat kind of thing. He blames her for Chicago’s COVID issue…when it’s like 7% rolling average…and just a 1/2 hour drive to the SE, we are struggling to keep our rolling average below 8…So she turns around and throws back…and well what we have learned is that POLITICIANS blaming each other for ■■■■ has led to nothing getting accomplished.

The Police Superintendent hit the nail on the head. They make arrests and the States Attorney’s office chooses not to prosecute. Kim Fox Cook County States Attorney has openly said that she will not prosecute…just like she did with that Jussie Smollet case. So with arrests happening and no punishment, the police are at a loss. Maybe that is why you saw such slow response times last night while this looting took place. Maybe Gucci, Which got cleaned out on Michigan Avenue. Nothing left…or other big stores will start placing some of the responsibility back where it belongs squarely on Ms. Fox. Until that happens and they start prosecuting those who get arrested and hold them to real consequences…this will continue. ANd it’s not Trumps fault…it’s not the Mayors fault…This is a Chicago issue that is decades old.

Like Portland, Chicago needs to have its mayor arrested.

I blame the umbrella man for everything. What was his name again?

1 Like

Why would she need to be arrested? For what. Look I am not a huge Lightfoot fan, but she has been left a huge ■■■■ show by Mayor Emanuel and Mayor Daley. I think Jane Byrne might have been the last good Mayor in that town.

I will agree that this is all a product of a do nothing political machine that is based on nothing but patronage politics and Corruption that is not coming home to roost.

Yeah, I saw that after I made my reply. (I work down the thread, so I hadn’t gotten to it yet.)

1 Like

Forgive me?

"Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot spoke with reporters Monday morning just hours after rioters stormed through the city’s downtown district; asking for federal help despite refusing aid less than one month ago.

“They think they’re going to take us on and make us look bad because it’ll score points with their base. To that, I’ve said and I’ll say again, good luck! The mayors are getting it done!” said Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot."

Well, that didn’t age well.

Absolutely.

And I ask for your forgiveness for piling on after you had already admitted the error.

1 Like

These Democrat officials are nothing but a bottomless pit of shamelessness! When you think they can’t get any lower or stupid, they do!! :open_mouth:

Amigos. I deserved it.

1 Like

Easy, she’s a black, female, lesbian Democrat, she’s above criticism.

2 Likes

Then why has the city been solid blue for over fifty years?

She created this along with her democrat cohorts and now she wants to blame everyone else starting with Trump.

Typical democrat.

2 Likes

Yes. They, meaning democrats had solid control over their cities for half a century or more. To blame it on Trump is totally BS and they know it.

2 Likes

Maybe they should actually start sending their offenders to jail? Just sayin.

2 Likes