Chase bank cancels religious non profits...Why not boycott WOKE Companies?

The thread title is rather misleading given this. Most people would think a “religious non profit” is a charitable organization and thus have far more sympathy for them.

1 Like

I am betting that there are rules regarding this type of fundraising, and Chase saw that they were being ignored.

1 Like

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. The outrage machine hard at work.

1 Like

That’s my guess too. Although the phrase I used was “money laundering”.

1 Like

For sure; this is a fund being used for political purposes, and I personally don’t think it should be allowed, but our proto-becoming-actual-theocracy disagrees with me.

1 Like

Wouldn’t a call to the authorities be a more proper response?

1 Like

Well, bearing in mind that this is all speculation given the absence of an explanation from Chase: yes.

But, there is something to be said for Chase not wanting to be involved with potentially illegal activity in the first place.

Maybe they did.

1 Like

Those types of activities are investigated by the Treasury Department and the Justice Department. The bank is not a member of either of those government agencies. This has the stench of viewpoint discrimination along with a ham handed attempt to identify donors for targeted intimidation.

4 Likes

As I have said several times, I am only speculating in the absence of a statement from Chas. Is Chase known to be a “woke” organization?

One would need to review the political leanings of the controlling faction of the corporate board. The humans making policy at the company and directing actions determine that.

1 Like

There are banking rules. Maybe the bank was just following them. I couldn’t find anything but hysterical religious sites discussing this- very low on facts, high on poutrage.

What for? How about checking the laws on fundraising?

Maybe that’s why they decided to not do business with NCRF? Because it’s not like most banks would turn away legal business. They like having accounts.

The bank isn’t authorized to investigate or enforce fundraising laws. They can make suspicious incident reports under Department of Treasury regulations, but investigation and enforcement is a Federal law Enforcement function. If there was probable cause to suspect laws have been broken, the Feds can get a warrant for the donor list, but their donor list isn’t the banks business.

2 Likes

No, we all know why.

lol

Chase said:

Weird answer…

Yes. Funny how many libs came to this thread opposing the OP…

Just shows to me that they would fear boycotts impact.

1 Like

Good place to start. Trouble is so many of these institutions are wokies.