CEC is really pushing that cancel culture is a liberal/stalinist plot to destroy america while totally ignoring how often they try to cancel stuff. Is canceling ok as long as the "right things" are cancelled?

Oh remember when a little girl, from South Carolina, had her essay banned/censored by the conservative school principal?

Here was the essay

“I don’t know if you know this but peoples view on Tran’s genders is an issue. People think that men should not dress like a women, and saying mean things. They think that they are choosing the wrong thing in life. In the world people can choose who they want to be not being told that THEIR diction is wrong. I hope people understand that people can hurt themselves from others hurting their feelings. People need to think before they speak because one word can hurt someone’s feelings. We need to fix this because this is getting out of hand!”

Conservative censorship… say it isn’t so!

cartoons
children’s books
disney movies

these things the left hates

cardi b ok tho

There is a petition, ask them

Why are you mad at private companies making decisions about their products?

Cardi B caters to adults. Conservatives want her canceled for doing her job.

“Young Pharaoh” was canceled from the CPAC… an event with the tag line

“American Uncanceled”

:rofl:

But the people who broadcast some cartoons decided that they didn’t like the messages of some and pulled them.

How can this be compared to organizing actual petitions to destroy careers of people for years and constant harassment?

And they try to say liberals have a mental illness. :crazy_face:

For almost five months there have been people trying to cancel our last election.

1 Like

Both sides cancel, and both are wrong.

The only thing in the whole thread that should have been canceled was “Cuties”.

I’m sorry but I draw my line at pre-teens in skimpy outfits twerking. Regardless of intent, it was sexualiIng young child aged girls.

4 Likes

Quit with the hyperbole.

The chief difference is that the left is actually seeking out our history and traditions to destroy them in order to build an new “improved” culture as they see it. To remake the country.
The listed actions by conservatives is a reaction to this.

4 Likes

Seems to be a bunch of people being mad on the internet and some companies firing people.

Lets go look for some statues to tear down and street names to change and flags to retire and schools to rename.
Start with some old confederate soldiers statues…then on to George Washington etc.

Heck, they even tried to ban “The Eyes of Texas” from being sung at the University of Texas until alumni stepped in with money threats.

And that last is an example of what I was talking about. Cancelling cancel culture is not cancel culture.

3 Likes

I’m trying hard to care and failing. Statues?

1 Like

Cancel culture doesn’t mean anything. Fake culture war nonsense. A marketing strategy? sure.

1 Like

It’s not going to stop

What’s not going to stop?

Mr. Potatohead has a penis? And was canceled?

Ya, if a dude who fought to keep my grandma enslaved got a ■■■■■■■ statue built honoring him I’d be pretty mad. But that’s just me.

History my ass it’s ■■■■■■■ gross, have some empathy

1 Like

If he has one, it’s definitely sold separately.