CDC Reporting New Pandemic

I’m 68 and drive a school bus. I get a flu shot and the two shot pneumonia vaccine. Must work, I haven’t been sick except for a sniffle because those snotty little Petrie dishes behind me on the bus are likely to be spewing all kinds of bugs in their goobers!
I do wipe everything down with those nifty bleach wipes constantly, can’t be too safe!

1 Like

If 50,000,000 get coronavirus you are looking at potentially million+ dead.

But I guess that’s ok since, well, the flu exists too.

4 Likes

My wife is a nurse and two years ago…she insisted I get the flu shot. I said “why, I’ve never, ever had the flu”? She said…you’re going and after the usual butt whipping…I went. That night…I didn’t feel great. The next day, she was on a flight to go visit her sister and I was left home with the flu. She said that there are no live viruses in the vaccine but that I probably got it, in the doctor’s office? Needless to say…I’m done with that and…have never had the flu since. I think it’s because I bit my nails until late in life and built up immunities to everything . :sunglasses:

3 Likes

You should’ve seen how the H1N1 human trials went for us in Baghdad. One giant padded room with strategic drain holes. Smelled like morning breath and carrots. lol

1 Like

Interestingly enough I never got the flu. I’ve only taken the vaccine once. Remember that time a decade or two ago when vaccines were in short supply so they only gave them to people with compromised immune systems and families of doctors and nurses? That’s the only time I took the vaccine.

We’ve known about and have the capacity to fight the flu (hospital beds, vaccines, etc). The flu doesn’t start as an unforeseen epidemic every year. That’s why it’s not a pandemic anymore. That’s why its mortality rate is very low.

COVID19 on the other hand places an additional burden on top of the flu. No vaccine. Spreads faster. Higher mortality rate. And all of this on top of the #s of the flu.

The flu is deadly enough already. We don’t need 2 of “them”. We certainly don’t need 2 of them every year if COVID sticks around.

55,000 dead from the flu - no problem. In fact, it’s their own fault for dying.

~50 dead from Coronavirus - TRUUUUUUMP!

Carry on, libs.

popcorn 5

3 Likes

The country takes the flu very seriously. Its why we have capacity in hospitals to handle it. Its why every year people are encouraged to get vaccinated. Its why every year the mortality rate is way below 1%.

If the same amount of people in the world get COVID19, then millions will die.

Y’all should try being a little more organized then, since you libs apparently make up the majority of this country. :rofl:

2 Likes

One person, or a group of people who believe vaccines cause autism, is not “the country”. Nor does “taking it seriously” encompass 100% vaccination rates.

Everyone who dies of the flu is an anti-vaxxer who deserves to die. Got it. :rofl:

Well, I didnt say that which is why you had to snip my post to take it out of context. How’s your day going? Lol

Seem awfully miserable today

No one brought up anti-vaxxers until you did, either, but you make a good point about libs not caring if people die of the flu because it’s easy just to call them all a bunch of anti-vaxxers. :wink:

2 Likes

You didn’t have to. Libs have made their position on vaccinations quite clear over the years. The flue victims are to blame for the flu. Trump is to blame for Corona. Tracking. :hugs:

Correct. Because its not my belief. Glad you’re getting it

That’s the spirit!

:pretzel:

1 Like

:point_up_2:

unnamed

1 Like

I accept your twisted defeat.

:hugs:

1 Like

Your story sounds so much like what happened to me when I moved to Ohio in 99. I’d never had the flu or a flu shot before then I got one a few weeks later - I did it due to pressure, too. The next 9 days I was flat on my back sicker than I’d ever been in my life. I heard the explanations from plenty of folks that it couldn’t of been the shot. Maybe it wasn’t that shot, but I’ve never taken another one and haven’t gotten the flu again.

3 Likes

Oh no, it could never be the shot that does it. :wink: