Caught On Video: FBI Agent Accidentally Shoots Patron At Denver Bar After Busting Move

An empty gun is an expensive paper weight.

Thatā€™s over 20k guns at a minimum.

Understandable. If youā€™re carrying, itā€™s because you think you might need it one day. In a situation where you might need it, moments can determine life or death.

Yeah, but how often does a Glock need to be serviced? When the former Agent mentioned it to me he didnā€™t mention how often field weapons were required to be sent in.

I donā€™t know why they would be at all unless they break them.

Which brings up another question. Are field agents required to spend a certain amount of time at a firing range during the year? If so, perhaps the service is based on how many rounds have been fired. That sort of makes sense to me.

The safety on a Glock is a part of the trigger. It went off because dipstick pulled the trigger when he picked it up.

More proof of the obvious - with a gun present, an accident can be dangerous or deadly.

Are you criticizing the noble and courageous FBI?

About 3.6 million teachers in the USā€¦ Letā€™s say we arm 10%, thatā€™s about 360,000ā€¦ There are about 13,750 special agents with the FBIā€¦ If you were an insurer and your livelihood depended on calculating the risk of an accidental discharge wounding/killing a bystander from one of these 360,000 armed teachers, would you put the risk at even odds of an FBI Special Agent or higher?

Iā€™m criticizing bring guns to a bar.

Heā€™s a FBI Agent.

Off duty, wasnā€™t he?

exactly.

So why yā€™all hating on the FeeBees? Arenā€™t they part of that thin blue line of demigods that must be supported no matter what?
Stupid rookie move. I saw the video, gun didnā€™t discharge until he pulled the trigger picking it up. The gun discharged when it hit the floor is a crap story.

If youā€™re dumb enough to carry with an empty chamber you deserve what comes your way when you do find yourself in a fight.

Glocks do not have a manual safety, the safety is the trigger.

They also have a backstrap safety that is supposed to prevent ADā€™s.

Odds are that gun had some modifications done to it which allowed the AD.

Careful, I know where you picked that one up.

Most dangerous and deadly accidents donā€™t involve firearms at all.

Much lower than that of FBI agents being stupid and break dancing in bars with an improperly holstered firearm.

Good point.