Carjacking Suspect meets Armed Pastor

All minority efforts are not necessarily successful. But with regard to Roe v. Wade, there is enormous vigilance on the part of the pro-abortion faction to preserve it, and those who are trying to do so are not even close to a majority, so that is a really bad example.

Of course it would have little impact. The statistics are crystal clear on that.

ok - no problem

Nothing is crystal clear. There are nothing but opinions.

Of course its clear. The number of homicides committed with all types of rifles … not just ARs … is extremely small compared to those committed with handguns. The windows are open, don’t put more insulation in the attic if you want to cut your home energy bill.

I’ll agree to disagree

Look with both eyes open. Says more about the press than anything else.

No, I don’t advocate gun bans of any kind but logic tells us if we’re going to do so in the name of reducing the number of victims you start where the biggest problem is, not the smallest.

Of course we can since so called “assault rifles” are the least used of all firearms platforms in crimes.

Then you are in denial of reality.

I think when we see so many young children die people like me just want to do something instead of nothing. I don’t know how big a role these assault weapons ( that’s what I call them, people, don’t jump all over me for not being a gun expert please) play. But I would like to see our culture change to where there are not so many adult type weapons.

I imagine people like you, who are also horrified at these senseless deaths, want it to be addressed just as pationately.

When you say “the biggest problem” I am assuming you mean mental health issues. I agree that needs to be addressed at the same time.

I think a very big problem is that this is a political issue instead of a humanity issue. I myself make polarizing comments about gun owners and when I do that I am politicizing the issue. I want to stop doing that and start having reasonable discussions.

Thank you for your honest and snark- free conversation.

Maybe one day you will see it somewhat like I do and maybe one day I will see somewhat as you see it.

Completely understandable and the very reason both a republic and a Constitution are so very necessary.

I don’t follow what you are saying.

Assault weapons are not the problem in any way, they are the most rarely used platform of all in crimes.

Handguns are many times over used most frequently in crimes and mishandling of same causes the most unintentional firearms related injuries and deaths.

Yes, we need to address mental health issues.

Because it’s the only thing preventing knee jerk reactions stripping the rest of us of our rights in the name of “we’ve gotta do something”.

Oh ok. I get it. And I agree we need that protection.