Caravan from Central America swells to 7,000, America is under siege

I disagree.

No one wants a solution to this.

As long as fear of the other is successful in getting out votes then the GOP will not do anything that will effectively address the immigration issue.

The Dems have no control. This is all on the GOP right now and their solution is to do little that is effective and gin up division and anger.

Starr throwing employers in jail.

That will solve things almost immediately.

Ellis Island processing for immigrants screened them for health issues, mental health issues, financial status and language. Anyone who was a communist, anarchist or who could not pass the screening standards was sent back home. It was not a free for all.

I hear the horde is made up of only MS-13 gang members and Mexican cartel hit men.

I disagree.

No one wants a solution to this.

As long as fear of the other is successful in getting out votes then the GOP will not do anything that will effectively address the immigration issue.

The Dems have no control. This is all on the GOP right now and their solution is to do little that is effective and gin up division and anger.

Starr throwing employers in jail.

That will solve things almost immediately.
[/quote]

The voters want a solution. In addition to throwing employers in jail, would you also be in favor of throwing anyone in jail who rents housing to an illegal?

Where did you hear that?

The voters want a solution. In addition to throwing employers in jail, would you also be in favor of throwing anyone in jail who rents housing to an illegal?

[/quote]

Yes.

I would.

Placing the burden of illegality on everyone involved is the only way that the issue will be solved.

As long as the impact remains primarily on an underclass and not the people who are profiting from them then there is no reason to solve the issue.

The GOP doesn’t want to solve the issue in any real meaningful way… neither do the Dems… but they aren’t the ones talking about stupid walls.

Did they come legally or illegally?

Right. It’s ignored.

The paper is about legal immigrants. Show me proof for the illegals.

I would be on board with that as well.

So, we now have homeless, jobless illegal immigrants who turn to crime. Now what?

Bingo.

10 char

Nah not threatened…bored

That is assuming that removing them from the workforce and punishing the employers won’t enact change.

The dirty secret is that there are whole swaths of the economy that rely on their labor… a lot of it in red states. Heck… there was this piece about Devin Nunes’s family farm in Iowa and the impact that illegal labor makes in the area.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esquire.com/news-politics/amp23471864/devin-nunes-family-farm-iowa-california/

Our immigration system is screwed up. The only thing that will fix it is to confront the fact that the labor that these people do is actually worthwhile and act accordingly.

1 Like

As your ancestors were crossing the ocean… they weren’t legal or illegal. Laws hadn’t been established yet.

However jwks point, that I replied too, was “if their country was so bad why don’t they stay and fix it”

It’s just being ignore by some, and even actively undermined by some mayors and governors, for political purposes

It’s odd how dems are in favor of workers being exploited with low wages because they are Latino.

If this Caravan gets within 100 miles of our border, President Trump needs to declare a national emergency and deploy our military to the border with instructions to prevent these invaders from stepping on American soil using none lethal force such as The Active Denial System (ADS), and convince these invaders to turn around.

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax-slaves to finance a maternity ward for the poverty stricken populations of other countries who invade America’s borders to give birth.

Check

It’s also odd how excited dems are about illegal immigration like this…

Where have i said that I am I support of such things.

The difference is that I am not ignoring that it is happening. Formalizing the labor agreement and and not having the economy be underground will benefit all workers.

Keeping it underground only benefits the owners.