CARAVAN CRISIS: Thousands Abandon Caravan, Apply for Asylum in Mexico

Originally published at: https://www.hannity.com/media-room/caravan-crisis-thousands-abandon-caravan-apply-for-asylum-in-mexico/

At least 1,700 Central American migrants have abandoned the “caravan” slowly making its way towards the United States; either applying for asylum in Mexico or accepting government offers to transport them to their countries of origin.

According to the Associated Press, thousands of undocumented workers from Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador are abandoning their 1,500 mile journey north due to weather, sickness, lack of food, and exhaustion.

“We got hit by rain, and ever since then I’ve had a cold,” said one immigrant. “No. I’m going to make my life in Honduras.”

“We didn’t know what lay ahead,” said another. “We want to return to our country, where you can get by — even if just with beans, but you can survive, there with our families, at peace.”

The caravan has progressed just 95 miles into Mexico since crossing the border late last week. They remain over 1,000 miles from the United States.

Read the full report here.