"Caravan" Border Watch

Lol yeah “Christians” are always refraining from influencing and directing politics, aren’t they?

1 Like

The Mexicans have opened up an additional are for camping. Apparently it rained and it affected the stadium.

The Mexican government really seems to be trying. It’s good to see.

You mean…humane treatment of these people is possible?

You mean… other countries are able to help these people too? Not just the US?

Apparently they can figure out how to do it and yet treat the caravaners with dignity.

Since they’re all gang members and criminals using children as shields and props…I didn’t think that was possible.

Of course- they’re only passing through their country. Concierge service then they can wash their hands of them.

Ah!

So it’s impossible to protect our borders yet be humane.

Got it.

Personally I think it’s an example of how one acts when one sees human beings instead of stereotypes.

But that’s just me.

Not what I said at all. I just said the Mexicans know the caravan isn’t a permanent presence in their own country.

To be humane, should we let them all in? Set them up with a house, a car, and a job?

Anything less would be inhumane, right?

My church sends people to a few different countries to help those in need. They take anything the can carry (old, small notebooks, etc, etc). We also help people locally.

I’m going to suggest that we help those in need at our borders (I don’t know if that’s possible though). I’m lucky enough to be in a non-political church where helping our fellow man is a huge goal.

Where did I say that?

Point to the post please.

Maybe the goal is to hurt them.

What’s your definition of humane? You didn’t define that term. Just that the way the US is acting now is completely inhumane.

Of course it is. Who said it isn’t?

It would seem so.

Sure it is. As long as they follow the rules and don’t act like savages.

Maybe the goal is to discourage illegal immigration.

The goal is certainly to hurt them. Using tear gas on children makes our motives unambiguous.

But we’re not a Christian nation, as I’ve seen thousands and thousands of times on this board.

Doesn’t offend me at all. But to claim to want the country to emulate Christ while explicitly saying we’re not a Christian nation seems a little hypocritical.

Seems like selective Christianity, and that’s what I don’t like.

But that doesn’t mean that we don’t have a huge majority of christians who, at least as it appears, do not practice what they preach.

Many of our politicians are christians. I’m not exactly sure how they reconcile what they learn in church with how they vote.