Capital spending increased by 39 percent

You assume too many things. I know rural life very well. I spent most of my life in a rural community. How about you?

Then you would know the pull that rural life has on a person.

But yet you have shown no signs of understanding it. Apparently you cannot be taught either.

i work at a steel mill. He is right. the mill is that town and it was built around it. people want to work 30 years and retire, and not live their lives there in the process. While making a good wage.

I understand the pull just fine, but that doesn’t change economics. I left for greater economic opportunity. Others can do just the same.

We can’t always get what we want. It’s part of being an adult.

Yup new factories do nothing to increase labor demand.

The ONE AND ONLY benefit to cutting corporate taxes comes in the form of employee bonuses and EVEN THEN we should count only the subset that come with a press release giving credit to the tax cuts.

rolleyes

And the purpose of government is to give each and every worker what he wants. Steelworkers who want to build American priced steel at American wages and American corporate tax rates, buggy whip manufacturers who want to spend 45 years working in their father’s profession.

Coal miners who want to keep on mining and the people who made Musak and put it on 8 tracks. Dammit. Conservatism is supposed to mean you can keep doing stuff and magically get the result you always wanted.

30 years.

From age 18 to age 48 and then retire?
Is that how we made America great?

Really…that’s not what the stats are showing for Ohio. In fact more rural you go the higher medium age is. Places like Cincinnati has the lowest age population.

So why are older people remain in rural areas?

Scroll down towards the bottom, has list of town and medium age.

who said that they want government to do that? they just want a fair shake, decent wage, days off, and a stable job. the last one being the harder one…Well days off as well lately.

well no…If i make it 30 years at my job ill be 66. also a lot of people dont last the 30 years either…plus shut downs and lay offs

no i meant live their lives working at the plant…Like im working 7 days a wekk at the moment. That type of not live at work thing

Well when social security was designed people paid for 47 years, from age 18 to age 65. I don’t know a whole lotta people who retire 30 years after HS but if we’re gonna cut the pay-in period by 33% . . .

ok? ive een paying since 15 i believe…

1 Like

As plants and what not wear out they will be replaced or upgraded. That means capital spending will take place.

It will take place here, or it will take place in China, or it will take place in Mexico.

Is your retirement fund invested in a ma and pa shop?

Hillary ran on the need for some spending on retraining the workers in places like WVA - but you obviously never heard about that. You only heard Trump’s bs about reopening coal mines. And the Deplorables cheered.

Hopefully here. Keep the revenues here in the states bouncing around in our economy.

Retraining workers in WV?

For what? If there is no manufacturing moving in.

Say…logic isn’t your strong suit is it?

If no industries are moving in, then people need to move out.

I once met a man with a Reading PA textile company. Good patriotic company refused to move the plant to Taiwan.

The Taiwanese built their own plant, underpriced his product and put him out of business.

Is it a good idea to invest one’s retirement fund in companies that refuse to move overseas?