Can't log on at home or work now...just phont

Sorry if this isn’t the right place, phone limited…says I can’t log on from those IP’s…was I bad? I don’t see any comments to that effect…is it a bug? TIA.

Yes, it’s a bug. You have to reset your password and then login again.

Some more info in this other thread:

Still not letting me in…third new password burned so far.

In your desktop/laptop, have you tried login with different browsers?

Yeah, so depends on what you mean by this. When you reset the password you can login on the machine that you reset the password on (mainly because the reset link autologs you in). But if you reset the password and go to a different machine / PC it doesn’t seem to work. I have no workaround for that, other than just visiting this site less.

Thanks…I’ll try it at home like that tonite

The “can’t log on from this IP address” has been happening to me for a couple months now. Sometimes I can log on, sometimes I can’t. Today, had the same problem, I reset the password, and was able to log on with the new password.

I do think that if you want an open dialogue board, you stay on top of the bugs that may make your contributors decide that the board is more trouble than it’s worth. And if you want to shut down the board, just say so, make an announcement, set the shut-down date and end it.

The and forum administrator don’t have the ability to fix it.

It only take about 15 extra seconds to log in when that happens.

In the past when it has happened, there have been times when I haven’t been able to log on for days, the password switch hasn’t worked, nor have any of the suggested fixes (I am still able to read the forum). The ability to log on for me hasn’t had anything to do with any one fix, it’s been very sporadic.

When I can’t log in on first try I hit forgot my password.

Forum recognize my name and sends me a link to create a new password. I go to email, clink link and type in extra letter to my password.

Next time it happens I subtract one letter.

Take about 15 extra seconds.

That’s what I know…and seems to work OK for me. So I don’t know what else to tell you.

Been happening to me just about every day. Have to change passwords every time. A big pain. Wish they’d fix this.